Brexit Endgame

I’m not a fan of labour rhetoric so the mirror is out, the Sun like the NOTW should be banned from sale. After the phone hacking and LFC shambles there should be a lot of people in jail.
Jesus man, your view on politics is all over the place.
It must be a joy for 'your employees' to hear you rant about politics.....I'll bet they don't half take the piss behind your back.

my brane.JPG

Last edited:

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
it’s the Tory ideology to look after the areas that are the most prosperous. There are 55,000 people (and growing) who live in the Merthyr valley. We have one train every 30 minutes, it takes 1 hour to get to Cardiff central 23 miles. the NHS is at breaking point. Corona virus could could send it completely under.
I worked in the Valleys for a year.

The reason that the train takes an hour to get to Cardiff Central is that it stops at every station on the line (which in any case runs on 'light railway' basis to keep the costs down).

Running a semi-fast train would not be economic, because it wouldn't attract enough passenger numbers to cover its costs - and in any event would canabalise passengers from the slow service.

But a high powered, wealthy businessman like you would know that anyway.

Wordsmith

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
EU advisor piss. Full and fruity, with great promise but goes flat the minute is is opened.
Love the analogy but not really the case, honestly.

45x45

LE
Things change all the time, skills need to change, it’s all possible to the human being if they want. Most miners don’t want to change, they thought by throwing tantrums they could get their own way because the unions held sway over the government.

Compare former pit villages in Nottinghamshire to others in Yorkshire or Wales, Notts people realised they needed to change and didn’t let themselves be dragged down.
People can only change when they are given opportunity. While Johnson is in power and we have a labour government in Wales we will always pay the price, I agree people in the valleys are mad to trust an organisation that has let them down. Westminster has let us down.

If Brexit goes well I can see the Conservatives making further gains in the Wales. If it goes pear shaped then labour will win again.

I would rather a Tory government than a labour Government. My argument for independence is similar to yourself who is a big believer in leaving the EU. Smaller is better.

45x45

LE
I worked in the Valleys for a year.

The reason that the train takes an hour to get to Cardiff Central is that it stops at every station on the line (which in any case runs on 'light railway' basis to keep the costs down).

Running a semi-fast train would not be economic, because it wouldn't attract enough passenger numbers to cover its costs - and in any event would canabalise passengers from the slow service.

But a high powered, wealthy businessman like you would know that anyway.

Wordsmith
I forgot to to mention huge 16 parking spaces and awful bus service to get to the station, and the fact more was spent on one tube station in London last year than on the whole of the railway infrastructure in Wales last year. Then again seeing as you know it all, about everything I am sure you will come back with some other little ditty to be a smart Alec.

I used to believe the Union was a fair place to live but the last round of austerity was the nail in the coffin for me. To have a successful society you need decent paid jobs, schools and a well run NHS. Johnson will do nothing to stop the big company’s not paying tax. It’s all false promises again.

45x45

LE
Right, I call wind up sock.

There cannot be a real person with a brane that works like 4x2's.
plenty of us old chap. Problem is you lot spend every day reading the same back slapping, echo chamber comments and gain a superiority complex. Someone comes along and questions you’re logic and you all throw a hissy fit and resort to playing the man and go on a personal attack crusade.

I’m not trying to upset anyone and respect everyone’s views. I thank you Gentlemen for the comments about the so called stupidity of the Welsh and confirming what you think we are. if I am honest we already knew.

Change is coming old chap, it’s not going to be all good. You better get plenty of Stella in ready.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
If we could please move on from discussing the shite economies of small and insignificant dumps at the side of England.

Some fat irish turkey is now supposed to be the new strong negotiator. His last negotiation was asking Anne O'Connell if he could pork her during a golf match.

50 says he gets booted out for stupidity.

The article is behind a paywall, but the bit I could read suggests the EU is whinging that other countries have less regulation, lower taxes and are more competitive in the world market and that's unfair trading practice.

Wordsmith

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I forgot to to mention huge 16 parking spaces and awful bus service to get to the station, and the fact more was spent on one tube station in London last year than on the whole of the railway infrastructure in Wales last year. Then again seeing as you know it all, about everything I am sure you will come back with some other little ditty to be a smart Alec.
Sorry - thought it was your local council that runs bus services, not Westminster.

A big boy didn't do it and run away....

Wordsmith

45x45

LE
Jesus man, your politics is all over the place.
It must be a joy for 'your employees' to hear you rant about politics.....I'll bet they don't half take the piss behind your back.

View attachment 452556
One is an Ex Military and a strong union man. Complete pain in the arse, good friend outside work. The others are busy worrying about life, not politics, It’s a small company ironically as far as I can tell I was the only one who voted remain.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Tada! Right on the money. Bet you’re kids had a wonderful childhood living with Victorian Dad.
You will have noticed that thoughtful posts receive a polite and reasoned response from me.

Posts from whale omelette impersonators however....

Wordsmith

I used to believe the Union was a fair place to live but the last round of austerity was the nail in the coffin for me. To have a successful society you need decent paid jobs, schools and a well run NHS. Johnson will do nothing to stop the big company’s not paying tax. It’s all false promises again.
Welsh assembly's block job I believe.
Nothing to do with Boris or the conservative party.

Transport infra spending?

Sounds like the Welsh assembly's portfolio.

People can only change when they are given opportunity. While Johnson is in power and we have a labour government in Wales we will always pay the price, I agree people in the valleys are mad to trust an organisation that has let them down. Westminster has let us down.

If Brexit goes well I can see the Conservatives making further gains in the Wales. If it goes pear shaped then labour will win again.

I would rather a Tory government than a labour Government. My argument for independence is similar to yourself who is a big believer in leaving the EU. Smaller is better.
If "smaller is better" why aren't you in favour of Brexit?

You hold the SNP contradictory mindset that UK needs it's closest and largest trading partner and all the shared benefits of integrated institutions, but that the same logic doesn't apply to Scotland and Wales who should be independent.

Independence and freedom to be a sovereign state and all that is either worth the downsides or it isn't.

It can't be both as the SNP claim.

Tried it and it was, quite frankly, bleurgh!
I quite like it - it all depends on the variety I suppose. I've found the top end Cremant to be a lot more palatable than the lower end champagnes and more acceptably priced too. We bring a quantity back each year from France and use it for Xmas / New Year, etc.

Wales spends £10,656 per head of population on public services.

England spends £9,296 per head of population on public services.

It doesn’t look like the Welsh Assembly is being punished at all. What are those in power, in Wales, doing with the extra money?

Latest Threads