Brexit Endgame

A lot of that is down to cronovirus - which will be over in a couple of weeks.
The data seems to suggest it is spreading, and not burning itself out. Our markets have managed to enter correction territory in four days, and that is just with the fear of this crap. When more cases start to appear and life grinds to a halt it will get worse. It will take time to get back up to normal jogging.

Wine snobbery will ensure that the French, Italian etc bottles of pish will continue to sell.

It’s not always the cost that’s important, it’s the provenance.
Not entirely sure of that....just watch any of the wine "experts" on the box, they are now !mainly bigging up new world, yank, and eastern European over frog , Italian , and kraut plonk
And not before time

You are probably right about the high end stuff like mercs, but most people dont drink frog wine because of where it comes from, they drink it because Tescos are doing 3 for 12 quid, exactly the type of people who would switch brands over a 50p increase.
I agree there are people who buy for that reason, but these wine snobs that pay £50+ a bottle for chateau nerf de frog will happily pay £40+ for it once tariffs are added.

Our concern is not what’s coming in, but more what’s going out and how it affects business, that said we can be more competitive once free of EU regulation.

Not entirely sure of that....just watch any of the wine "experts" on the box, they are now !mainly bigging up new world, yank, and eastern European over frog , Italian , and kraut plonk
And not before time
Champagne, sales are massive. I’m not a big drinker of such, but I’ll only drink Pol Roger Demi sec for fizz.

The data seems to suggest it is spreading, and not burning itself out. Our markets have managed to enter correction territory in four days, and that is just with the fear of this crap. When more cases start to appear and life grinds to a halt it will get worse. It will take time to get back up to normal jogging.
Personally I wish a better virus would appear - one that killed on contact and wiped out at least 75% of the population. That would mean - less pollution, more jobs + higher wages. I hope it starts in the middle east first though and by the time it gets to UK a cure is found. Also we could close the borders and use that as an excuse to keep foreigners out.

Personally I wish a better virus would appear - one that killed on contact and wiped out at least 75% of the population. That would mean - less pollution, more jobs + higher wages. I hope it starts in the middle east first though and by the time it gets to UK a cure is found. Also we could close the borders and use that as an excuse to keep foreigners out.
I don't share your enthusiasm, and I doubt you could keep it out of the UK.

I don't share your enthusiasm, and I doubt you could keep it out of the UK.
It wouldn't matter - we could still close the borders - and there'd still be more jobs + better wages. Once the cure was found - the survivors would have a good old life I imagine, think of all the extra housing, no more homeless etc - roads would be less congested, air would smell nicer in cities as less cars on the road - etc, etc, etc.

It wouldn't matter - we could still close the borders - and there'd still be more jobs + better wages. Once the cure was found - the survivors would have a good old life I imagine, think of all the extra housing, no more homeless etc - roads would be less congested, air would smell nicer in cities as less cars on the road - etc, etc, etc.
Ok let’s not take this to Mad Max fantasy land.

Champagne, sales are massive. I’m not a big drinker of such, but I’ll only drink Pol Roger Demi sec for fizz.
English sparking wine beats most champagne hands down and volumes are rapidly ramping up. Most decent London restaurants offer it as prominently as champagne.

I bet it only takes a couple of glasses and you're legless.

English sparking wine beats most champagne hands down and volumes are rapidly ramping up. Most decent London restaurants offer it as prominently as champagne.
That’s a matter of taste and opinion and not really relevant to the point I’m making.

Thirty Years War Walt.

That’s a matter of taste and opinion and not really relevant to the point I’m making.
The point is English sparkling sales are rising and Champagne sales are falling in the premium market. People who drink cheap crap still drink prosecco, for now.

The point is English sparkling sales are rising and Champagne sales are falling in the premium market. People who drink cheap crap still drink prosecco, for now.
Pawsecco is getting popular with pet owners as well