Brexit Endgame

One of the best laughs. Scotland gets independence. Post Brexit England can’t afford the price of an embassy in Edinburgh.
Who the **** would want an Embassy is Edinburgh?

I forget any attempt at humour just goes straight past you. Its ok Biff will think it funny, despite his gruff interior he gets me.
That is your idea of humour ? Anyone you assume "gets you" is laughing at you ,not with you.

so nothing to do with Honda running globally at just 75% of its manufacturing capacity.
was the big plant closed in Japan because of BrEXIT too?
over capacity and plummeting sales outside the US/China & Japan? Unpossible!
Damn that Brexit....

Honda has just announced that it will close one of its traditional assembly plants in Japan as part of a restructuring of its resources. The Sayama plant will be shuttered as of March 2022 as part of the company’s shift in focus towards developing and producing advanced electric vehicles at its new plant in Yorii.

At present, Honda’s Japanese assembly plants are collectively only functioning at 76% of capacity. Vehicles currently being assembled at the Sayama plant (mainly the Honda Odyssey, Accord Hybrid and Acura RLX) will now come out of the Yorii plant (which produces the HR-V, Fit and others), or the Suzuka facility.

b. I used to cross Europe using my passport with no problems at all before they were born! - not their faults just 2 young girls brainwashed by the media and their professors
When my daughter and her husband recently said how difficult travel would be in future I pointed out that from 71 to 84 when crossing French, Belgian, Netherlands and German border points the police would check the passports of the other nations, in all that time I just held up the blue passport to the window and was waved through.

The only time that I was ever stopped was in France after a ferry journey, at about 5am the two French plod tried to make me pay VAT on a printer that I had a UK receipt for, whilst rubbing their fingers, they gave up and let me go after about an hour of me saying, very politely, '**** off'.

If we need a visa in future, then get a bloody visa and International driving licence, it really isn't difficult.

When my daughter and her husband recently said how difficult travel would be in future I pointed out that from 71 to 84 when crossing French, Belgian, Netherlands and German border points the police would check the passports of the other nations, in all that time I just held up the blue passport to the window and was waved through.

The only time that I was ever stopped was in France after a ferry journey, at about 5am the two French plod tried to make me pay VAT on a printer that I had a UK receipt for, whilst rubbing their fingers, they gave up and let me go after about an hour of me saying, very politely, '**** off'.

If we need a visa in future, then get a bloody visa and International driving licence, it really isn't difficult.
I've driven in none EU countries in hire cars, US and South Africa most recently. I have never required an International Driving Licence.

Truxx

LE
Here's the source data from BMW's 2018 annual report. As you can see, it is units not value.

View attachment 452049

As far as manufacturing location is concerned, the table below gives an indication, but it doesn't show what percentage of which plant is sold where.
View attachment 452050
An assumption would be that all the Chinese production is sold in China and all the US production is sold in the US, but some European production is also sold in the US.
Thanks. So UK gets 9.6% of production whilst simultaneously producing 9.6% of total production in Oxford......

Truxx

LE
Went through Schiphol airport today - no change from before we left the EU - either the manned booth or the passport reading machine with everyone else, including the Dutch - proves the remainer lies and panic was bollocks
There were flights??????????????

I've driven in none EU countries in hire cars, US and South Africa most recently. I have never required an International Driving Licence.
It was part of the EU's project fear over the last few years that UK car insurance would be Third Party only without a Green card and UK driving licences would have to be backed up by an IDL.

All bollocks of course, otherwise we could do the same to them.

Airport suspiciously quiet this afternoon (1600hrs) and flew through the machines - no queues anywhere - don’t know if they ve cut back flights to Asia to make it so quiet?
Far more likely to be the effect of corona virus. I think IATA have come up with a cost so far projected of 23billion [euros]. That will have far more effect than Brexit ever will.

It was part of the EU's project fear over the last few years that UK car insurance would be Third Party only without a Green card and UK driving licences would have to be backed up by an IDL.

All bollocks of course, otherwise we could do the same to them.
On the insurance question, it would not at all surprise me if Brussels made it a requirement to have a Green Card. It was always required as proof of insurance pre-1992 for all vehicles driving in mainland Europe.
For as long as I can remember since I started driving in Europe in 1970, continental insurance certificates (I’ll specify: France, Germany, Italy and Switzerland) are in the form of a Green Card.
Frankly, it wouldn’t be at all difficult for UK certificates to be issued in the same format.

On the insurance question, it would not at all surprise me if Brussels made it a requirement to have a Green Card. It was always required as proof of insurance pre-1992 for all vehicles driving in mainland Europe.
For as long as I can remember since I started driving in Europe in 1970, continental insurance certificates (I’ll specify: France, Germany, Italy and Switzerland) are in the form of a Green Card.
Frankly, it wouldn’t be at all difficult for UK certificates to be issued in the same format.
I had a green card past 1992.

Latest Threads