Brexit Endgame

Rationally again, how many of those 27 member states are truly sovereign i.e. not being influenced by EU cash ?
We hump on about the big business, russians, chinese or saudis buying our politicians and yet the elephant in the room with the largest wheelbarrow of cash is the EU.
You might have noticed there was a vast majority in the HoC that were reluctant to leave the EU. It's hard to think we had to wait 40 years to punish the filth.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The UK pays more into the EU budget than it gets back.

In 2018 the UK government paid £13 billion to the EU budget, and EU spending on the UK was forecast to be £4 billion. So the UK’s ‘net contribution’ was estimated at nearly £9 billion.
There is a definite feeling of deja vu all over again here!

There is a definite feeling of deja vu all over again here!
I'm confused, that big red bus told me we paid oodles to europe.. But our remain friends told me, that it was lies and we get most of it back....... If that is so, why are our EU friends so upset about the very small hole in their budget ? surely, not having to write cheques for the UK anymore is a good thing.

You might have noticed there was a vast majority in the HoC that were reluctant to leave the EU. It's hard to think we had to wait 40 years to punish the filth.
Not just the HoC, our institutions root and branch have built close ties with brussels and junkets galore, paid for by the EU (via yours and mine taxation).

The USA are miles ahead of (ahem) Europe, they will get it online within 5 years and Canada will follow. The race to the top from within the UK is when Johnson hands over the contract to the Indian or Chinese firms in the UK.

Large Chinese and Indian software company's are contacting firms in the R&D belt of Cardiff and trying to buy into latest developments.
I look forward to see the Welsh version of Google. Perhaps they could call it "Look You"..

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Rationally again, how many of those 27 member states are truly sovereign i.e. not being influenced by EU cash ?
We hump on about the big business, russians, chinese or saudis buying our politicians and yet the elephant in the room with the largest wheelbarrow of cash is the EU.
Can't find the reference at the moment, but EU structural and cohesion funds make up 2% of Greek GDP. The EU only has to threaten to withhold/delay funding to bring Greece to heel.

Wordsmith

Can't find the reference at the moment, but EU structural and cohesion funds make up 2% of Greek GDP. The EU only has to threaten to withhold/delay funding to bring Greece to heel.

Wordsmith
Yes, those fantastic Greek pensions (including very recent increase) won't pay themselves.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
So they don't deal with Welfare, Defence, Taxes, Employment and Borders and customs.

Not much left to govern is there?
Health, transport, policing, welfare, and free jaunts around the world to pretend we can make trade deals on our own.

Edited to add: In order to reinforce my point to you, and as you like to accuse us tories of being racists. Let me make this clear to you. I would vote for the most darkest skinned black person, as much as I would vote for the most Aryan looking candidate, if they shared my political views and opinions.
Us Conservative majority voters, tend to vote for prospective MPs based on whether their views, will benefit the majority of us. Rather than a small, overly vocal, minority demographic group, that liberals and the left support.
Look at the latest tory cabinet, plenty of BAME in there, females as well! Contrast with labour who have all female shortlists and blather on about must have BAME this, that and the other. The tories just get on with the job.

Fvck.
Cardiff have a R&D belt.
Who'd a thunk it. :D :D :D :D :D :D
When they say R & D belt they actually mean that Dai is experimenting by using a length of baling twine to hold his trousers up.

Last edited:
When they say R & D belt they actually mean that Dai is experimenting by using a length of baling twine to hold his trousers up.
They usually use it to hobble sheeps legs so they can't run away.

All that ROI tough talk from Leo & only now he's finally waking up to reality while the UK was treated with contempt.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Health, transport, policing, welfare, and free jaunts around the world to pretend we can make trade deals on our own.
Wot you mean rather than pretending the EU controls this. The heart of my argument you may remember. Moreover spot the deliberate issue. It's down to members control authorities-not the EU mark you to control and regulate fraud issues, yet the Eu has to write off 500 Million in unpaid VAT. What did I tell people earlier, nothing is harmonised other than each member state has to provide the other member states with what they have as right. It's all coming home to roost.

All that ROI tough talk from Leo & only now he's finally waking up to reality while the UK was treated with contempt.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
:) :) :)
1582303969784.png

Tyk

LE
I won't be at all surprised, as has been said earlier, if there are more countries looking to leave the EU now the UK cash cow has left. The budget was a mess before Brexit, it's going to get a good deal worse.

The Common Market trading bloc wasn't a bad idea, but the whole Union/Federalisation thing has cocked things up dramatically, it's unlikely to end well.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Not just the HoC, our institutions root and branch have built close ties with brussels and junkets galore, paid for by the EU (via yours and mine taxation).
Such as:

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/revealed_the_cbi_receives_millions_from_the_eu_and_public_bodies.html
New research by Vote Leave reveals that the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) received nearly £1 million from the European Commission between 2009 and 2015 – and that the EU is the CBI’s single largest source of public sector funds, which total more than £7 million.
The European Union sends funds to a surprisingly large number of UK institutions, which is why so many are pro EU.
This equates to 12% of the CBI’s retained income in the same period.
My link dates back to 2015, but if the funding has continued at that level and stops at the end of this year, the CBI will be making job cuts early in the new year.

Wordsmith

Latest Threads