Brexit Endgame

The full extent remains to be seen post-transition but things aren't looking exactly rosy are they?
Really?

So:
  • near full employment, and record low unemployment;
  • record high FDI;
  • real wages rising;
  • near record low interest rates;
  • low inflation; and
  • higher GDP growth than the EU.
....are somehow considered "not looking rosy"?

Last edited:
Apart from the usual remainer suspects on here and in UK society generally, there are other people in the world shitting themselves you know.
And they are not the sort of people to be pissed about by their own government, let alone Brussels.

If they are able to compete at the level of graduates in other disciplines when it comes to selection days, and then indeed performance during the role, then why not?
I'm all for equality of opportunity.

The question is whether a Dance and Waste Management degree would act as anything other than an "entry ticket" to selection and what, if anything, said course would contribute to performance in the role?

Perhaps a "rap battle" or "dance off".......

daz

LE
Then why ask?
Because it has never applied to a chef.

So you claiming to have been an 'a la carte vegetable chef' makes as much sense as saying you were a 'I'll have a room with a sea view please hotel manager'.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer

So you claiming to have been an 'a la carte vegetable chef' makes as much sense as saying you were a 'I'll have a room with a sea view please hotel manager'.
Beats serving soup?

Actingunpaid

Old-Salt
Neither of which, it seems, were required, although the latter also monitored the systems and logged data.

Closer to home, my big brother, a training manager for DHL was telling me of DHLs recent purchase of hundreds of the latest volvo truck, which not only knows where it is and how the road changes (adjusting engine power and gear selection autonomously) but the system "learns" routes, sharing that revised data with the rest of the fleet. The driver is thus just a legislatively mandated steering wheel attendant.

Way ahead of anything in the car world.
Does that mean KFC will get their chicken next time?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
You are extremely off piste tonight. If you've been caning the booze fair enough. If not then a call to NHS direct may be in order as you are making no sense at all.
I did suggest you needn't worry.

It doesn't make sense because he's missing an indefinite article in his original post viz:

I did have a job as an a la carte vegetable chef in a posh hotel. . .
Unless he believes the position was 'la carte vegetable chef'.

Is there a nationality called “British”. Are you denying her Englishness even though she lives in England.

if she was a decent scrum half you would be throwing the shirt on her.
Actually the only nationality is British. If you can show me Welsh Scots or English passport I’d be obliged

45x45

LE
Really?

So:
  • near full employment, and record low unemployment;
  • record high FDI;
  • real wages rising;
  • near record low interest rates;
  • low inflation; and
  • higher GDP growth than the EU.
....are somehow considered "not looking rosy"?
Because technically we are still in the EU in all but name. Don’t forget you voted to leave all this behind old chap.

Latest Threads