FM Inge told me a good tale about that at supper in the Lords one evening. He was COS 1 Br Corps at the time. Post falklands, The Powers That Be were keen to remind the then PM about the cold War.He lacks whatever it was Margaret brought to "Tank Commanding".
Erm what’s the distinction? Who needs a licence, the farmers, the manufacturers? I believe Pate is a meat preparation as well as an animal product. So too are the meat rolls for kebabs which are made from reclaimed meat.Oh no! The EUSSR have found a way to fight back against brexit by banning sausages!
British meat makers have been warned that they could be blocked from selling sausages to EU countries after Brexit. The possible ban on sales stems from the need for a certificate to sell animal products – but no license exists for ‘meat preparation’ products. Farmers and manufacturers are concerned that unless Britain can negotiate an exemption before the transition period ends in December this year, they could face a major loss in sales in Europe.
Meat producers are being warned that they could face a block on sales when the transition period ends.metro.co.uk
BoJo may well still be PM after the December 2024 GE. And for a number of reasons.How long will we have of life outside the EU? Boris/Cummings May well have a strategy for a truly independent UK, but as it they are in power until 2024. What happens after that? Invariably there will be a weak leader such as Major or May who will slowly concede sovereignty to the EU, who will undoubtedly ensure we are tied into any agreements with no way out.
All of the above, but look forward to years of journos scrabbling around for any dirt they can on Johnson, Cummings, Rees-Mogg and every member of the cabinet. Except the BAME ones, because that would be racist.BoJo may well still be PM after the December 2024 GE. And for a number of reasons.
Plenty of reasons for optimism.
- He has a big majority - it's not easy to overturn an 80 seat majority in one go.
- He is a conviction PM. Things will not drift aimlessly under him - there is a clear direction he wants to take the country in.
- BoJo's agenda seems to be a very populist one - do thing things which resonate with much of the electorate - he'll remain politically popular for a long time.
- The UK in December 2024 will be a very different one to the current one. For example, I expect the civil service, judiciary, NHS, police and BBC to have been reformed in broadly popular ways.
- People ultimately vote for the party that delivers them economic well-being. I suspect BoJo will chop EU tax, regulation and import duties to leave the UK in a better place than it is now
- Labour (I suspect) will remain a hard left, unelectable shambles.
- There's not a lot the EU can do. After the broadside BoJo's Sherpa gave the EU a day or two ago, there's little chance we'll be tied into an agreement where the EU has any real power over us.
- The chance of a recession not happening in the next five years seems pretty small - and if it does the euro, and thence the EU, is fornicated
- People will see us reclaiming power from the EU - you can bet your bottom dollar BoJo will keep trumpeting that the UK could only do X, Y and Z because we're no longer in the EU. Handing power back will be electorally very unpopular.
- BoJo is BoJo - he's got a big personality that seems broadly popular with the country at large. Other political leaders look lightweights beside him.
Perhaps neither pate nor kebab meat rolls are currently imported into the EU from third countries.Erm what’s the distinction? Who needs a licence, the farmers, the manufacturers? I believe Pate is a meat preparation as well as an animal product. So too are the meat rolls for kebabs which are made from reclaimed meat.
Didn’t Spain offer something similar, on the understanding that GB reciprocated for Eu people here. So far the Spanish have had no response.Another one for the remainiacs
Country considers continuing cover offered by European health insurance cardwww.theguardian.com
You will still be able to go to the EU ( well, Portugal anyway ) That of course depends on if all the planes fall out of the sky and all ferries do not get torpedoed by..................... someone or something