Brexit Endgame

I can explain. Wage stagnation/deflation only happens when masses of migrants compete with the indigenous population on a like-for-like basis.

So when Germany allowed nearly a million ME types in, most of these could barely speak German, never mind compete with the German workforce. The net result is that there was no effect to the German low skilled workforce.

I think Florida had something similar happen with an influx of Cubans, but a whole new industry was created for the Cubans (fruit picking I think it was from memory), so again, no competition with the locals.

We had mass migration where you'd find degree educated EU migrants working in coffee shops/low skilled jobs. The competition was very much there.
The whole of the EU?

British wages are being squeezed - here’s why

Here's why according to a Think Tank called Resolution Trust.

So I checked out their funding and it turns out to be some trust set up by someone who made their personal fortune flogging insurance.

You're shitting me, right?
Spoken like a good party man. Can't handle the message, attack the source.

Here's more for you, they're looking after their cheap labour.

Tens of thousands of migrants could come to the UK to work for up to a year under the Government’s proposed post-Brexit immigration system.

The new measure, which would be in place until at least 2025, is designed to act as a “safety valve” for the economy and protect sectors reliant on lower skilled overseas labour.

New temporary work visa proposed for post-Brexit immigration system

45x45

LE
That isn't what I'm saying and you know it. The economies are all going to take a dive one way or the other. This growth period is over bar the shouting and investors are going to be more selective in what they back in respect of returns. That means that all Governments are going to have take up the temporary slack. We will whether we remained in Europe or not. To give Britain the edge right now makes sense, hence the infrastructure projects. The question as to whether migrants stay here will be based on if they can get work to stay here of it they have to bite the bullet, not what rights they can get if they stay.

But you can't depend on china for Growth on the one hand and then criticise for unfair trading practises on the other.
I agree. It’s difficult to see the way ahead when only Johnson and Cummings know the plan.

45x45

LE

Tens of thousands of migrants could come to the UK to work for up to a year under the Government’s proposed post-Brexit immigration system.

The new measure, which would be in place until at least 2025, is designed to act as a “safety valve” for the economy and protect sectors reliant on lower skilled overseas labour.

Someone’s got to work behind the bars and clean the toilets of the HoP and HoL.

Basic common sense tells you to check the source, especially in the age of the interweb.

I didn't read the message. The source indicated it wouldn't be worth it.

Tens of thousands is great.

What's the problem with that?

Hey, @Graculus,

Cheers, the new immigration policy looks brilliant:

------------------------------------------

Applicants would need to apply for a visa which would be limited to 12 months, at which point a “cooling-off” period will take effect, meaning they could not return under the same route for the next year.

Earliest finish date of proposed migration system
While in the UK, they would not be entitled to access public funds or switch to other routes, bring dependant family members or seek permanent settlement.

The proposed short-term work route forms part of the most significant shake-up of the immigration regime for more than 40 years, set out in a long-awaited White Paper that will apply following the post-Brexit implementation period, which ends in December 2020.
-----------------------------------------------

And tens of thousands is ideal. Not hundreds-of-thousands, year on year, bringing their families, access to public funds; stay as long as you like.

Well done Brexiteers for taking back control of our borders.

Basic common sense tells you to check the source, especially in the age of the interweb.

I didn't read the message. The source indicated it wouldn't be worth it.
You're attacking it again. It's a truly independent think tank with its funding in the open. Unlike the IEA, Civitas, Tax Payers Alliance and other Tufton St residents. Have you attacked them as sources?
Tens of thousands is great.

What's the problem with that?
None at all, you'll find it's like time in medicine though, elastic.

Odd;y enough though when I asked you do the very same thing, in response to your wailing, you well, as usual got all teary over it.
I just wish he would stick to the subject matter and try to refrain from cluttering up a difficult thread, with his constant need to score points by winding people up.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
You slippery little devil you. However the fact you won't answer a direct question means that you, me, and God in her heaven above knows I was right.

Brexit was, without doubt, a working class revolution.

It's nice being vindicated.
Solidarity brother.
Had it not been for the support of those looking for the main chance with a public school education. Eurosceptics scattered among the left and right in the commons and the House of Lords, in government and opposition.

Media moguls, press columnists, journalists, millionaire businessmen, Two dedicated political parties doing nothing else except supporting brexit, you might be right.

The misery walk was a bit of a failure and you have to admit except when he was looking for money, Nigel always looked a little uneasy among his supposed core support.

You're attacking it again. It's a truly independent think tank with its funding in the open. Unlike the IEA, Civitas, Tax Payers Alliance and other Tufton St residents. Have you attacked them as sources?
None at all, you'll find it's like time in medicine though, elastic.
I don't think a truly independent think tank exists, Grac. And definitely not one funded by some bloke who made a personal fortune flogging insurance.

And tens-of-thousands sure beats the hundreds-of-thousands, year on year, along with EU families, etc.

No recourse to public funds, no school places needed, short term visas; excellent stuff.

Just what I voted for.

Hey, @Graculus,

Cheers, the new immigration policy looks brilliant:

------------------------------------------

Applicants would need to apply for a visa which would be limited to 12 months, at which point a “cooling-off” period will take effect, meaning they could not return under the same route for the next year.

Earliest finish date of proposed migration system
While in the UK, they would not be entitled to access public funds or switch to other routes, bring dependant family members or seek permanent settlement.

The proposed short-term work route forms part of the most significant shake-up of the immigration regime for more than 40 years, set out in a long-awaited White Paper that will apply following the post-Brexit implementation period, which ends in December 2020.
-----------------------------------------------

And tens of thousands is ideal. Not hundreds-of-thousands, year on year, bringing their families, access to public funds; stay as long as you like.

Well done Brexiteers for taking back control of our borders.
I've read it thanks. As I said, it'll be elastic.

I don't think a truly independent think tank exists, Grac. And definitely not one funded by some bloke who made a personal fortune flogging insurance.

And tens-of-thousands sure beats the hundreds-of-thousands, year on year, along with EU families, etc.

No recourse to public funds, no school places needed, short term visas; excellent stuff.

Just what I voted for.
How does making your money in insurance disqualify you? Nothing against the Tufton St mob still...You need to read that FT link, ask someone at one of your dinner parties...

Latest Threads