Brexit Endgame

Re the mongs claiming they will refuse to take the 50P of glorious liberation, would the shop keep etc, be in their rights to refuse to give alternative change I wonder?
The shopkeeper has offered them legal tender as change. If you get it in pennies or 5p etc is down to him. AFAIK, he is not obliged to give you a specific combination.

The Remainers' biggest problem was trying to convince the British public that their opposition to Brexit was based on principle and a robust understanding of the issues while making it increasingly obvious that it was based on the worst sort of snobbery, sense of entitlement and naked I'm alright Jackery.
I always think of remainers as the irritating fella in your group, who insists on everybody going to the bars he/she likes and then arguing, its for the best and in any case, it removes all the arguments and thus self evident.

I always think of remainers as the irritating fella in your group, who insists on everybody going to the bars he/she likes and then arguing, its for the best and in any case, it removes all the arguments and thus self evident.
Is this the one who is first out of the taxi but last up to the bar?

I do wonder where they get to on that short journey....

Is this the one who is first out of the taxi but last up to the bar?

I do wonder where they get to on that short journey....
Yes.....
Remainers believe in all the benefits, but believe the costs outsourced to the general public are in fact a price worth paying for the orderly and benign environment the EU has contributed too.

Good. If that's what the electorate wants, that's what the electorate gets and what the electorate has to own. It means that politics matters again and we can't all sit on our complacent backsides. Large chunks of the population are going to have to grow up and learn the meaning of accountability - as are large chunks of the elite. Another win for Brexit.
Adolf!

Yes.....
Remainers believe in all the benefits, but believe the costs outsourced to the general public are in fact a price worth paying for the orderly and benign environment the EU has contributed too.
Well they have maintained peace in Europe for 40 years.

If you ignore Yugoslavia, Ukraine and the Crimea.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Well they have maintained peace in Europe for 40 years.

If you ignore Yugoslavia, Ukraine and the Crimea.
Yes. France and Germany went to war in 1870 (OK, Prussia), 1914 and 1939. Not happened since.

The EEC/EC/EU has been most successful in pushing those boundaries further way. I assume you know that Ukraine and Krajina mean at the margins in Slavonic languages.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
While telling them you didn't know what you were selling them perhaps.
Ah no, you're thinking of the campaign... I was thinking more along the lines of membership cost; how much GB put in, what they got out of it (net) and where that funding was allocated.

If you have to explain a joke...

(Yeah I know, it wasn't that funny...)

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes. France and Germany went to war in 1870 (OK, Prussia), 1914 and 1939. Not happened since.

The EEC/EC/EU has been most successful in pushing those boundaries further way. I assume you know that Ukraine and Krajina mean at the margins in Slavonic languages.
I admire your definition of success. We've had to deploy the British Army in the Baltic, the Ukraine's a mess, Turkey's flirting with Islamic fundamentalism and the EU's completely lost control of population movement in the Mediterranean area. Kindly serve the soup.

Wunh? I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there, Tim: Ukraine and the Krajina? Notwithstanding the fact that both areas are (at least) 2000kms apart and yet still regarded as 'Europe', I would suggest the the EU has had little or no impact in facilitating 'peace' in both regions. Indeed, your much-vaunted EU would do well to acknowledge a little humility with reference to those areas.

As an aside, you do know why ethnic Serbs ended up settling in the Krajina?

we banned Prussia in 1945.....
....then kept umpteen thousand Anglo-American tanks parked on the Germans lawn.
thats why they’ve stopped squabbling.
bugger all to do with the EEC/EU

Last edited:

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ah no, you're thinking of the campaign... I was thinking more along the lines of membership cost; how much GB put in, what they got out of it (net) and where that funding was allocated.

If you have to explain a joke...

(Yeah I know, it wasn't that funny...)
I know the joke, it was posted quite some time ago. I was trying to help you out, alas alack etc. ;)

Last edited:

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Wunh? I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there, Tim: Ukraine and the Krajina? Notwithstanding the fact that both areas are (at least) 2000kms apart and yet still regarded as 'Europe', I would suggest the the EU has had little or no impact in facilitating 'peace' in both regions. Indeed, your much-vaunted EU would do well to acknowledge a little humility with reference to those areas.

As an aside, you do know why ethnic Serbs ended up settling in the Krajina?
There's a linguistic connection, as I said. I don't vaunt the EU since I'm a Eurosceptic. Tim isn't my real name.

Would you like another go?

Latest Threads