Brexit Endgame

I think that the whole issue came to a head in 2011-12, with the queueing crisis at our ports. Those most inconvenienced were those who had made most use of FoM.
Nope it came to head with Merkel and the Syrian crisis with the failure of Brussels to have any proper contingency plans for helping out Greece, Italy and the south eastern bloc. That was the most abject failure of EU FP up to then and it's gone down hill since. We're used to France's antics

I don't disagree with any of that; Cameron is the real villain of the piece, although I still maintain that Tony Blair set the conditions for Leave's success.
2008 and Syria IMO.

So in reality, no formed, authoritative negotiating body known as "Remain".
As to what they called themselves is just semantics, the fact that they were engaged by Brussels shows the ploy to undermine UKGovs possition.

Truxx

LE
Bless you! Just end of tether at people who constantly harp back to things said and done ages ago, reminds me of my first wife. Boris_Johnson started the good fight back against crayoning and belters dribbling and I'm trying to help out by calling it out, even though (eeekkkk!) I'm not a MOD.
Neighbourhood watch walt

Do you seriously think that leaving the EU will change the UK's demographics?
Please explain how, and to use one of your own over-used phrases, feel free to show your workings.

If you'd done even the most cursory looking, you'd know the UK's demographics and labour market are very different from EU's

Nope it came to head with Merkel and the Syrian crisis with the failure of Brussels to have any proper contingency plans for helping out Greece, Italy and the south eastern bloc. That was the most abject failure of EU FP up to then and it's gone down hill since. We're used to France's antics
I was referring to the parochial selfish Remainer syndrome that seemed to infect their circle; but your wider point about the EU's failure over Syria is spot on.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Bless you! Just end of tether at people who constantly harp back to things said and done ages ago, reminds me of my first wife. Boris_Johnson started the good fight back against crayoning and belters dribbling and I'm trying to help out by calling it out, even though (eeekkkk!) I'm not a MOD.
Maybe too much time spent raising and lowering barriers! Seems to have taken your sprit away. If you are now at the stage of being unable to skip posts you are not interesting in then maybe Mumsnet would suit you better.

BTW, Bercow recalled parliament, just because he classes it as something different means nowt.

If you'd done even the most cursory looking, you'd know the UK's demographics and labour market are very different from EU's
Yes, according to your graph, the cost of pensions in the UK is increasing at a higher rate than in the EU..
If you have figures that show that the UK is in a better position demographically, then show them.

Except that they do; I worked airside there for 10 years - I think that I would have noticed a decline in passenger numbers...
Yeah, avoid the main point of my post. The problem with someone UK based using Heathrow as a hub is that you have to fly British Aeroflot. No thanks.

I see your HMS Victory and raise you:

View attachment 446298

Should not be too much effort to get the engines and guns back into working order.

Nothing like a high velocity 6" 'get out of British waters' message to expedite departure.

Wordsmith
Quick google of mothballed naval vessels. We have 16 apparently sat doing not a lot. Only take 1 frigate & perhaps this for the Gucci look & the channel will be ours. Especially bearing in mind the Froggies predilection regarding surrendering.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Why on earth would "Remain" ( whatever notional body you think that might be) actually negotiate *anything* when we have a Government supposedly doing the negotiating?
While the May "government" were negotiating in one room UK opposition officials were meeting Barnier and other very senior EU officials in other rooms. This was completely out of order by the EU and a dispicable way to run what was supposed to be fair negotiations.

Still just over three days to go!

ETA to point out it was Remainers meeting EU negotiators when they had no place to do so.

Last edited:
While the May "government" were negotiating in one room EU officials were meeting Barnier and other very senior EU officials in other rooms. This was completely out of order by the EU and a dispicable way to run what was supposed to be fair negotiations.

Still just over three days to go!
Got your tartan travel rug looked out for the party in George Square?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Got your tartan travel rug looked out for the party in George Square?
No, I will be celebrating from my own sofa. Watching the BBC parade a string of Remainers crying and making excuses for losing the vote (several of them), will be wonderful entertainment.

Indeed you are correct.

Which is exactly the point made rather a long time ago which resulted in a fair degree of reversocycle action
AS mentioned, I don't actually read every piece of drivel valued contribution to these threads.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm on the side of factual,accuracy: Parliament could not be recalled because the Prorogation was deemed unlawful - so it was deemed not to have taken place.

Therefore, as Parliament was not dismissed, it could not be recalled.
The probation may have been declared unlawful by the Supreme Court, but it had taken place with Bercow almost refusing to go through to the Lord's as part of the ceremony demands, then kicking JRM as he passed him at the Despatch Box. It had happened so regardless of the SC decision Parliament had to be called back, which Bercow did to camera just outside Parliament on the Green. Bercow can call it what he likes, it is the actions that prove the case.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Latest Threads