Brexit Endgame

I wonder if Wee Eck asked for written permission to fly the flag.

Use of the EU emblem by third parties

The principles of use of the EU emblem by third parties have been set out in an administrative agreement with the Council of Europe. This agreement has been published in the Official Journal of the European Union on 08/09/2012 (2012/C 271/04).
According to this agreement, any natural or legal person ("third-party user") may use the EU emblem or any of its elements, as long as this use
(a) does not create the impression or assumption that there is a connection between the third-party user and any of the institutions, bodies, offices, agencies and organs of the European Union or the Council of Europe where this connection does not exist;
(b) does not lead the public to believe that the user benefits from the support, sponsorship, approval or consent of any of the institutions, bodies, offices, agencies and organs of the European Union or the Council of Europe where this is not the case;
(c) is not made in connection with any objective or activity which is incompatible with the aims and principles of the European Union or the Council of Europe, or is otherwise unlawful.
If the use of the EU emblem complies with the above conditions, there is no need to ask for written permission.
Registration of the EU emblem, or a heraldic imitation thereof, as a trade mark or as any other IP right is not acceptable.

Friday night, from 22.00, BBC have Wall to Wall pan UK And EUtopia coverage of Brexmageddon.

like the election coverage, I suspect it’s going to be comedy gold.
I have some beers chilling in my fridge and will be purchasing a large doner kebab to enjoy with them at c.2130 hrs. A fine way to break a dry January.

From what I've read, about £120k was to reinstall the floor/structure to allow it to ring safely, and the rest was what the delay in renovation was going to cost the overall programme.
All they really need is some bloke with ear defenders and a lump hammer give him a twenty spot and job done.

£120 000 ?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Another point is that 2 opposing groups are raising money for meaningless gestures in support of their 'cause'.

Their main disappointment seems to be that nobody beyond either lunatic fringe gives a monkeys about Big Ben or an obscure patch of grass on the White Cliffs.

Sums up the Brexit 'debate' on ARRSE, really.
Thanks for joining in with your insightful comments!

BL is always referencing reality and clearly believes that the system hasn't changed and we will be forced by circumstances, back onto the pre-defined path by our leaders... The trouble with his view, is the long progressive cycle is coming to an endpoint and the collective leadership is breaking down across the world and in that chaos, his reality itself is already in the past.

Farage on C4 News last night broadly suggested the conservative party saw the writing on the wall and accepted reality had shifted and they're had to shift with it, or face extinction.
One of the most incisive posts that I have seen on here in a long time; if Remain had woken up and smelt the coffee, they could have negotiated an arrangement not dissimilar to Norway minus FoM. The fact that they didn't is indicative of their arrogance, lack of common sense and intellectual snobbery.

One of the most incisive posts that I have seen on here in a long time; if Remain had woken up and smelt the coffee, they could have negotiated an arrangement not dissimilar to Norway minus FoM. The fact that they didn't is indicative of their arrogance, lack of common sense and intellectual snobbery.
The same has been said by some people within the EU, they were right as well.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
As a by the by, I was down the marina (Milford Haven) this am to check on the boat. Across the dock is the Welsh Fisheries Protection Vessel, the FPV Rhodri Morgan.

All was activity with cries of, 'Bear away!', 'Lively, now!' and 'Oi! that was almost my head, you crunt!'.

'Pparently, the RM has not been out for a while as they've been saving up the sea time for a bit extra after 31 Jan 20 :cool:
Hopefully they'll rechristen it the Sir Henry Morgan and live up to the name.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
And back to the topic in hand.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/01/27/low-skilled-migrants-restricted-time-limited-job-offers-shortage/

Sensible on several grounds.
  1. Anyone earning below £27K takes more out of the benefit system than they do on taxes. Stopping the bulk of the minimum wage immigrants coming in reduces the pressure on our benefits system
  2. Allowing low skilled workers in for limited times only stops (for example) farms suffering labour shortages when there is veg or fruit picking going on.
  3. Reducing the flow of low cost labour will force countries to focus on automation - which is the only way to compete on the world stage in the future. Automation cuts out labour costs - which makes the UK competitive against low wage cost economies again. If done right, this should bring manufacturing back onshore again.
I just hope the legislation includes automatic deportation for overstaying the visa. Immigrants should be required to give their fingerprints and a DNA sample on entry - this should facilitate identifying who's overstayed and should be deported. They should also be required to state their country of origin on the application form - with the proviso that's the country they'll be deported to if they overstay their visa.

Wordsmith.
Australia and Singapore take fingerprints already. NZ makes British tourists sign a paper that they will leave within 6 months or expect deportation. None of this is difficult.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It has?

Bercow did not recall Parliament; its as simple as that.

Not trolling in the slightest, just making a correction.
You obviously side with the midget pipsqueak who has been accused of bullying and lying.

The fact that Bercow did not consider it a "recall" does not necessarily make it fact!

@Brotherton Lad may wish to read this also.

No, workers are supposed to get sick pay. But when there's always coachloads arriving daily from Eastern Europe then those that ask for it just get canned in many sectors.

Which is rather the point, on paper everything can look rosy for workers rights, excess supply means they are routinely ignored. (See under there's your minimum wage Pieter, minus 60% for the barn we kindly let you kip in.)

My bold, quite a few years ago I was friends with the owner of a small family building firm who employed locals at full union rates and I remember him telling me that he was being heavily undercut by a big national firm on all the big jobs he tendered for.
He explained that these companies were subcontracting these jobs to companies, often based in Poland, paying Polish rates for tradesmen which were a lot less than half of British Union rates and often indeed below min. wage standards in the UK. Often these guys were bussed in & if there was space would sleep rough on the job they were doing!

Explain yourself.
Banging on and on and on about recall of parliament, he said, she said, cut n paste ad infinitum ad nauseam!! Take it to the poo poo head thread.

Often these guys were bussed in & if there was space would sleep rough on the job they were doing!
things are a more organised these days..... containers fitted out as dorms with bunks and a basic Chem toilet/sink.
from the outside, they look just like steel boxes with an access door in the end, no windows to tip the council off.....”it’s just storage mate” - storing Eastern European ground workers and labourers.

Latest Threads