Brexit Endgame

As much as many are trying to play it down.... I'm sure most people are voting BJ to get out of the EU.

IT IS, THE SECOND REFERENDUM...... fcuk us over again, and it could be the end of any belief in this crappy idea of democracy in this country.

Does his majority make it more or likely that the flavour of brexit we’ll end up with will be softer? He doesn’t necessarily have to keep the ERG on side anymore and he’s now got a lot of MP’s who represent areas with manufacturing jobs that will be dependent on supply chains being assured.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Does his majority make it more or likely that the flavour of brexit we’ll end up with will be softer? He doesn’t necessarily have to keep the ERG on side anymore and he’s now got a lot of MP’s who represent areas with manufacturing jobs that will be dependent on supply chains being assured.
The other end of those supply chains have a equally vested interest in not allowing Brussels to cut off their noses to spite our face.

The time for pointless posturing is past.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
You wouldnt know that this was a site for soldiers. Today 7 of the first 10 threads were farkeeng politics based threads. Some people need to either remember that they were soldiers and man up a bit, or realise that they are weak, noodle armed unattractive to women small cokked civilians and sling their collective hook. I would rather just have a forum where the remaining 27 of us just called the other 26 a sprog/mong/cock on repeat than have to deal with these weaklings/walts/colonials. And your mum dresses you funny @Sixty
I've made a similar argument in the past and even gone as far as asking Admin if we can obliterate the Brexit forum once it's all over.

Unfortunately we are in a very unique, once in a generation type phase in our respective lives and no matter where you look, who you talk to, Brexit pretty much clouds everything.

I try not to get too involved and like you, I'd much rather hear about military dits on a military forum.

But as a relatively new moderator in these parts, the least I can do is close down the majority of the many, many threads we have running on this in the name of a little housekeeping and try to contain the political debates as best we can. Under the circumstances.

The other end of those supply chains have a equally vested interest in not allowing Brussels to cut off their noses to spite our face.

The time for pointless posturing is past.
We’ll see how it pans out. My point really is that unlike PMTM he’s got more room to manoeuvre and might go in a direction some brexiteers don’t like in order to shore up the centrist vote

No deal is the best deal. Get out and then let those melts in Germany and France come crawling to us for trade deals when they realise they will be fucked.

Added bonus - the wailing and gnashing from our snowflake remoaners would be a sight to behold. Especially if we are allowed hickory sticks to put them back in their boxes.

Come on Bojo!

We’ll see how it pans out. My point really is that unlike PMTM he’s got more room to manoeuvre and might go in a direction some brexiteers don’t like in order to shore up the centrist vote
Why does he need to shore up the cuntrist vote? He's got a stonking great majority as it is.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
With a significant majority behind them, our current government are now in a key position to finally see this process through.

So far, all eyes are on the 31st January 2020 as the next significant date whereby pro-leavers believe we'll be out and pro-remain are sceptical, suggesting negotiations will "take years".

With just over a month to go, where do you think Boris and his team will succeed? And what do you believe could trip them up in these closing stages, potentially casting further doubt in the minds of the already sceptical?

On the suggestion by @Auld-Yin we shall now close the majority of "what if" threads. By all means if you feel any of the ones I have locked deserve further discussion, send me a PM and we'll see if it has merit.

As someone who has personally had enough of 3½ years of leave/remain same old same old, I cannot help but feel it's time to lay those deep routed differences to one side at long last, put aside my own personal loathing for this time of year and wish you all a very merry Christmas and Happy New year (you c***s) and hope somehow by this time next year we'll all be in a much more prospective place, the Pound will be worth about 6 Euros / 4 Dollars, and we'll be spending at least two months of the year holidaying in Spain getting smashed on muchas cerveza with our loose change.

Over to you.
Ta much, saves me getting all the pelters from @Sixty but I did notice you used the opporchancity to blame me! You are not a member of Momentum by any chance are you?

Personally, me, myself, I would have used as a title "Brexit - Exit". I don't think that this is the Endgame but just the next stage.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Apparently at least one person couldn’t understand what all the fuss was about. Voting Conservative, because with Johnson going on about ‘Getting Brexit Done’ we were staying in Europe and everything was going to return to normal.

ACAB

LE
Boris now has the mandate to do whatever the Hell he likes.

I suggest tell the EU to do one whilst trading on WTO terms and then finalise a whole raft of treaties.

The EU won't like it but they need us more than we need them. Time for some payback.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You wouldnt know that this was a site for soldiers. Today 7 of the first 10 threads were farkeeng politics based threads. Some people need to either remember that they were soldiers and man up a bit, or realise that they are weak, noodle armed unattractive to women small cokked civilians and sling their collective hook. I would rather just have a forum where the remaining 27 of us just called the other 26 a sprog/mong/cock on repeat than have to deal with these weaklings/walts/colonials. And your mum dresses you funny @Sixty
Grumpy cnut!

Latest Threads