Brexit Endgame

There’s also another big company that has ceased future funding for a research centre involved in drug trials, but I can’t go in detail as my partner is still attached to the research centre.
And yet the trial continues.

British test subjects were excluded because the firm didn't know how the results from them would be accepted by EU medical agencies...

So it wasn't Brexit but the uncertainty at the time. Which was more to do with the swivel eyed remainists.

Thanks for giving it a shot though.

Say what you see, prof. Don't subject it to any analysis lest it not add up to your answer.

And yet the trial continues.

British test subjects were excluded because the firm didn't know how the results from them would be accepted by EU medical agencies...

So it wasn't Brexit but the uncertainty at the time. Which was more to do with the swivel eyed remainists.

Thanks for giving it a shot though.

Say what you see, prof. Don't subject it to any analysis lest it not add up to your answer.

Erm, no it’s the gammons who want the hard Brexit. The hard Brexit is the problem.

Sounds like you are the one looking out of your back bedroom window mate....

Not really mate. You want to throw the whole baby out of the bath water because a five minute google pulled up this study. Nothing wrong with google, but you seem to supporting your disdain for scientific progress ad hoc.

Not really mate. You want to throw the whole baby out of the bath water because a five minute google pulled up this study. Nothing wrong with google, but you seem to supporting your disdain for scientific progress ad hoc.
Stop wriggling like a fish on the hook and take it like a man.

You posted utter bollox and mentioned medicine.

I pointed out thst your wonderful EU killed off 2000 people.

It doesnt matter WHERE the information was uncovered, and thats a pretty sloppy debating tactic TBH. IS IT TRUE?

And you are at it again with “supporting your distain for scientific progress”

Stick to stuff you can prove and stop posting shit.

Stop wriggling like a fish on the hook and take it like a man.

You posted utter bollox and mentioned medicine.

I pointed out thst your wonderful EU killed off 2000 people.

It doesnt matter WHERE the information was uncovered, and thats a pretty sloppy debating tactic TBH. IS IT TRUE?

And you are at it again with “supporting your distain for scientific progress”

Stick to stuff you can prove and stop posting shit.

The EU doesn’t directly run studies.

HTH.

It’s about the ability to collect longitudinal data. If we are not in the EU framework that’s not possible.

HTH.
For no good reason. Ask yourself why the EU would restrict such a thing.

Love EU drugs do you? Think the sun shines out of the EU arse?

Seriously mate WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON?

READ THIS then say sorry:

A landmark trial over one of France’s biggest healthcare scandals has begun after a weight-loss pill was believed to have killed up to 2,000 people and left many more injured for life.

The trial for manslaughter and deceit will attempt to lift the lid on France’s massive pharmaceuticals industry.

Servier, one of France’s biggest and most powerful privately-owned laboratories, is accused of covering up the killer side-effects of a widely prescribed drug called Mediator. The French state drug regulator is accused of lenience and not acting to prevent patient deaths and injuries.

Not the same EU that insists own utterly pointless animal testing of human drugs just because?

The EU doesn’t directly run studies.

HTH.
JEZUS CHRIST

1. it wasnt a study you idiot. It was a commercially available drug.

2. It killed 2000. Not 2. Not 20. Not even 200. TWO THOUSAND.

It was supplied in the EU and was supposed to meet those stringent EU controls. The EU sat on its arse and watched the French do nothing for TEN YEARS.

Its as bad at the diesel scandal and I am getting pissed off with idiots telling me how wonderful the EU is.

The EU is a stinking pisspot of corruption and inaction.

For no good reason. Ask yourself why the EU would restrict such a thing.

Because they want to make sure thé trial is run correctly. There are also considerations like cohort differences etc.

My other half has spent half of her academic career running EU funded trials and interventions, so please forgive me for having a less suspicious view.

France’s drug regulator and one of its leading drug companies, Servier, will stand trial as legal persons over the marketing of the antidiabetes and weight loss drug benfluorex (marketed in France as Mediator), which is believed to have killed between 500 and 2300 people before being pulled from the market in 2009.1

Joining them will be nine other institutional defendants, many of them affiliates of Servier, and 14 people, including the company’s former vice president, civil servants, a former senator accused of watering down an official report on the drug, and a professor of paediatrics retained by Servier who is accused of suborning the senator.

GREAT EH?

Not the same EU that insists own utterly pointless animal testing of human drugs just because?

All drugs are tested at the animal level, in every country. It’s standard procedure.

The ethical and moral argument for testing on animals is stronger than the one for eating them.

JEZUS CHRIST

1. it wasnt a study you idiot. It was a commercially available drug.

2. It killed 2000. Not 2. Not 20. Not even 200. TWO THOUSAND.

It was supplied in the EU and was supposed to meet those stringent EU controls. The EU sat on its arse and watched the French do nothing for TEN YEARS.

Its as bad at the diesel scandal and I am getting pissed off with idiots telling me how wonderful the EU is.

The EU is a stinking pisspot of corruption and inaction.

So you are complaining about sovereignty?

Whilst also pretending you have full knowledge of what happened.

Brilliant. Considering you only learnt about this five minutes ago.

who gives a flying fart about bands and their ability to laze around europe?

Flick me, thats desperation on a stick.
Compare and contrast:

All drugs are tested at the animal level, in every country. It’s standard procedure.

The ethical and moral argument for testing on animals is stronger than the one for eating them.

In your own time, explain why the EU still insists on testing human drugs known to be highly toxic to animals on animals?

In your own time, explain why the EU still insists on testing human drugs known to be highly toxic to animals on animals?
What a strange request. I’m not giving you a tutorial for free. Read up on it yourself, then you are in a position to debate with someone who has actually performed drug experiments on animals.

I can tell you - the first time blood squirts in your eye from a still beating heart is a bit of a shocker. I can also tell you we don’t perform such experiments for fun.

Compare and contrast:

Initial thoughts:

1. I would need a breakdown between UK and EU.

2. I would need a breakdown between live performances and online sales.

3. Fishing is only 0.1% of the economy now, after the Europeans stole it. It was much bigger and was a primary food source in the 1960s.

Because they want to make sure thé trial is run correctly. There are also considerations like cohort differences etc.

My other half has spent half of her academic career running EU funded trials and interventions, so please forgive me for having a less suspicious view.
They don’t have to restrict other nations being involved.

Thank you for indicating the reason for your remain fanaticism - totally selfish reasons.

Are you worried you might have to work for a living.

Latest Threads