Brexit Endgame

Isn't this a pointless conversation? It's not as if people like you care about art, culture etc anyway :)
Not at all. It was you that questioned about the ability of artists to tour Europe.

If they are unable to get off their backsides, then hell mend them. A friend of mine drives bands all over Europe for a living and he and his company are not worried about it at all.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
How on earth did they manage to tour European counties before the EEC/EU?
In the beginning when God created the heavens and the earth,
The earth was a formless void and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters.

God saw everything that he had made, and indeed, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all their multitude.
And on the seventh day God finished the work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all the work that he had done

In the second week God created the EU. And all things became possible.
Trade was not possible without the EU, nor could people cross from continent to continent without it
And God created multitudes of taxes and regulations
Then God ordained that the place of worship, called the EU Parliament, should find no peace,
but wander from place to place...

And on the 14th day God rested from all the work he had done and thought "I wish I'd had time to finish the euro".

Book of Genesis [EU version]
Wordsmith :smile:

Signing up I believe, all were issued with matching uniforms and instruments ;)
Ah but initially that was the German army. There was, of course, a European army in the past. What was it called?...... Ah yes, the Waffen SS. The concept of having an army in Europe was rapidly embraced by the British and other European armies and then by the US.

Not at all. It was you that questioned about the ability of artists to tour Europe.

If they are unable to get off their backsides, then hell mend them. A friend of mine drives bands all over Europe for a living and he and his company are not worried about it at all.
Good job those scouse lads got a few Hamburg gigs in during the early 60s, eh . . .

That's great then. Ignore the industry and the culture secretary, ignore the smaller bands who said it'll be financially unfeasible to tour etc - John Boy is mates with a bus driver who said it will all be fine.

Isn't this a pointless conversation? It's not as if people like you care about art, culture etc anyway :)
I'm sure your cultural perspectives on the merits of shabby luggage, eating out of cardboard food trays and HTML haX0ring are most illuminating.

Last edited:
The manure WAB due to receive RA after the Lords ends it tussle with Parliament overturning amendments.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

I'm sure your cultural perspective on the merits of shabby luggage, eating out of cardboard food trays and HTML haX0ring are most illuminating.
If I wanted the services of a keyboard cleaner, or even a story about your unremarkable career, I'd have sent you a PM.

Now hush.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ah but initially that was the German army. There was, of course, a European army in the past. What was it called?...... Ah yes, the Waffen SS. The concept of having an army in Europe was rapidly embraced by the British and other European armies and then by the US.
Have the French filled this role with the FFL?

Just been watching Trump giving his WEF 20 speech, saying that dealing with the EU is harder than dealing with China.

He also claims the EU wouldn't even talk with Obama.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Whats he saying now though?

You have to bear in mind that Boris came out the blocks ready to talk tough which totally surprised the EU after having such a compliant PMTM and parliament. They now have to respond in similar fashion so that they are looking like they have the ability to counter BoJo. From this, after negotiations, which we will not hear about until near the end, both sides will compromise to an extent and come to an agreement.

The only fault with the above is the EU do not have a reputation for compromise in any way - they just don't know how to.
Is the fact that BJ could have stepped forward and become PMBJ (instead of PMTM) and started negotiating literally years ago now not a problem?

The manure WAB due to receive RA after the Lords ends it tussle with Parliament overturning amendments.

Wait, what?

No last-minute legal assault from George Gina?

Wait, what?

No last-minute legal assault from George Gina?
I'm sure Gina of fleecing rich niave millionaires will become involved at some point in the FTA/ PD phase.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have both the Commons and Lords sit at different points around the UK for a few weeks a year.

Say a week in Birmingham and a week in York. Let the MP's and Lords get a taste of the other parts of the UK - particularly those domiciled in London.

And then announce that both houses would be spending a week in Edinburgh. Wee Nippy would launch into low earth orbit and there are enough rabid Nats to make right tits of themselves and do the independence cause no favours.

Chuck in a week in Cardiff and a week in Belfast and it might be a rather interesting exercise.

Wordsmith
And they must travel by public transport: no chauffeur driven limos, no private aircraft, no 1st class carriages. Let them meet Joe Public frequently, on his own turf.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I find this frightening.

We must also do more when it comes to managing crises as they develop," von der Leyen said in a keynote speech at the annual gathering of billionaires and business titans in Switzerland. "And for that, Europe also needs credible military capabilities and we have set up the building blocks of the European Defense Union. It is complementary to NATO and it is different."

Will Uschi be inviting the Russians again, or are they still on the naughty step for fraternising so well on their last trip to Germany?

Latest Threads