Brexit Endgame

Mrs LR couldn't help herself when she read that the SNP leader Mr Blackwassitwhoneverstopsgiving has demanded that there should be a meeting with the Privy council to demand the crown stops assent even if parliament ratifies, which would in effect put the devolved assemblies on the same footing as WM. Rather that than the wee one suddenly putting her scrawny neck on the line declaring Independence she, puts out a random pointless ploy like that.

Yeah for you it is...

I have the moderate this crap :slow:

Well I don't have to but you know...

It's like when people post gash shots in your chubby thread. I mean... Why?

That's not a suggestion by the way. Automatic points for flange, n'est-ce pas?
please don’t take to drink like some of the other mods.

Not really. The elderly and dim won. We'll be back in the EU within my lifetime.
You could argue that the Remain voters had a higher incidence of drug taking. As I suspect drug taking is more prevalent in certain groups (IE the young, those at university, which you claim are the remain voters). there fore can we please classify all Remain voters as drug addled long hair hippies?

Seems only fair.

Very interesting article in that squalid little rag yesterday (apart from a piece by Freddy Forsythe, well-known lefty).
It was entitled "The EU won't fix its democratic deficit with another top-down conference"
Better still it was then subtitled below 'Europe needs a new mechanism for involving citizens, not another talking shop chaired by the polarising Guy Verhofstadt'
If even the Grauniad are getting it then why not the EU and the vocal minority on here and elsewhere?
(It was written by an Italian professor of EU law who lives in Spain)
He seems to identify the problems and doesn't sound like a racist fcukwit at all.

(It was written by an Italian professor of EU law who lives in Spain)
He seems to identify the problems and doesn't sound like a racist fcukwit at all.
Splutter splutter! If not racist then most certainly xenophobic!! What what!!

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
This is the thanks I get. Offer to do a bit of fort holding do a couple of extra shifts in the NY. A couple of days in Dublin and I get back to.

Big Ben's not bonging for Brexit night. Although anyone outside a certain radius, all you have to do is switch off your media for 10 minutes and its like it never happened.

Brexit MEPs surprised that after January we have no oversight on fishing......(you voted to leave, what did you think was going to happen)?

The US have put the kibosh on any April tech tax by the UK promising heavy tariff penalties in return.

Former Aus Boss describes the equating of Commonwealth and Eu trade as 'ballocks'. His replacement describes Britain ditching the biggest Free Trade Area in 'an age of protectionism' as 'challenging'.

And theres the story firing around about the brexiter having to register and insure vehicles. Buy health insurance, register themselves just so they can continue living in Portugal.
They only voted Brexit to keep the immigrants out of the UK.

Don't forget 'British fish shouldn't be punished for their Brexit stance'.

You could argue that the Remain voters had a higher incidence of drug taking. As I suspect drug taking is more prevalent in certain groups (IE the young, those at university, which you claim are the remain voters). there fore can we please classify all Remain voters as drug addled long hair hippies?

Seems only fair.
Oh all the enlightened ones voted remain, except the ones who didn't.
The EU will probably not exist in 20 years, probably be something like the the 'United Federation of Europe' with a prime directive to interfere in everyone elses business to protect its market.
The chances of re-entering something which will look completely different, is a shallow, callow youthful silly.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
The EU still doesn't get it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/01/21/eu-preparing-give-uk-worse-trade-deal-terms-canada-japan/
The European Union is preparing to offer the UK a trade deal on tougher terms than its deals with Canada, Japan and a host of other leading trade partners, The Telegraph has learned. In what will be seen by industry as an unusually harsh move, the European Commission has warned EU member states that it would be a mistake to allow some UK industry bodies to be allowed to certify that goods conform to EU standards.
I suspect BoJo will crack on full steam ahead with trade deals with the US, Canada and so on and leave the EU to come to the realisation that being mutually shut out of each other's markets hurts the EU more than the UK.

The EU still can't understand that membership of the EU is not the wonderful thing it thinks it is.

Wordsmith

Latest Threads