Brexit Endgame

Tell me oh, genius, if the EU (after Brexit) has 14% of the world market and the rest of the world 84% (the UK being 2% of GDP), how do we lose out by engaging with a market 6 times bigger than the EU?

And tell me, oh genius, if the EU's share of wold trade has halved from the 80's to the present date (30% decreasing to 15%), why will that trend not continue into the future, with the EU dipping below 10% of world trade on the 2030's - making them even less relevant as a market?

In your own time, ramble on.

Wordsmith
So Higgs Balderdash is still fermenting, eh? I thought hoped he might have self combusted in a ball of his own fart gas by now.

That doesn't count - It wasn't a pucker poll :oops: :oops:

Anyway, according to the Times, this from little Leo

Pucker?

After the verbal diarrhea that you have spouted over the last 3 years, do not be surprised if the UK sh!ts on you from a great height after Brexit.

Japan and the EU recently signed an FTA

Unsurprisingly the Japs first reaction was to announce that UK manufacturing of Japanese cars is to be wound down. Simply because imports from Japan into europe have suddenly lost a huge cost from tariffs.

That means Japanese built cars just got massively cheaper to bring in to europe. They will now pursue a bigger market share with models built in Japan suddenly having a substantial drop in cost.
True of Honda - but, for reasons other than BREXIT.

But, Toyota are putting additional models (including partner Suzuki's vehicles), into their Burnaston factory.

And, Nissan remain committed (as much as they can be, post Ghosn), to the NE.

Last edited:
And banks, pension funds and investment companies have been keeping their profits up by buying into ever riskier debt (which gives higher yields). A lots of those investments will go tits up in the recession, followed by some of more on the institutions that brought into that debt. I would not be surprised in one or more UK based banks required a bale out, RBS ended up broken up and some UK pension funds got into trouble.
As a historian I am appalled at this laxity. Could they have not waited another nine years before they let it all go tits up? We have Traditions to uphold! I mean, yes Ok they managed to wait until the 20's, but come on, barely!

Also, sounds suspiciously like a bubble...

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
As a historian I am appalled at this laxity. Could they have not waited another nine years before they let it all go tits up? We have Traditions to uphold! I mean, yes Ok they managed to wait until the 20's, but come on, barely!

Also, sounds suspiciously like a bubble...
You're making me greatly depressed.

(Boom, boom).

Wordsmith

You're making me greatly depressed.

(Boom, boom).

Wordsmith
Maybe this one will cheer you up.
1720's: Smallpox and Measles in the Thirteen Colonies
1820's: First Cholera pandemic (Hit china)
1920's: the Influenza Pandemic.
2020's: Well the anti-Vaxer's are trying hard for a re-run of the Measles outbreak in the US, and IIRC I think I read something about SARS in China recently. So there's still hope!

Last edited:
Maybe this one will cheer you up.
1720's: Smallpox and Measles in the Thirteen Colonies
1820's: First Cholera pandemic (Hit china)
1920's: the Influenza Pandemic.
2020's: Well the anti-Vaxer's are trying hard for a re-run of the Measles outbreak in the US, and IIRC I think I read something about SARS in China recently. So there's still hope!
The Spanish flu pandemic was 1918-19 so just prior to the 20's.

????????????????????????????????????????

All of the deals they promised? Now it's a ridiculous focus on trade. From the man who made trade a focus point.
Let’s see, EU controls trade deals do they? Do you remember I asked for evidence of this, no response at all. in the meantime EU trumpets trade deal with China. It is a ridiculous focus on trade deals which incidentally brought in the ridiculous Irish border issue that no one supposedly wants and Hey presto how’s that EU China trade deal looking now? , So somehow Governments will never become involved in their own interests. Let’s find another fig leaf to hide behind. In the mean time our laxity in looking after our own interests cos we is in the EU comes home to roost.

@BEAMONT123 . . . Err, which thread do you think you are posting in ?! ;) .

Higgs_bosun

On ROPS
On ROPs
EU confirms there will be border checks inside UK under Brexit deal, contradicting Boris Johnson’s false claim...

The pathological liar is arrested for fooling gullible mongs!

PRI_1098192071-e1576216014578.jpg

Higgs_bosun

On ROPS
On ROPs
Johnson's own government's analysis have warned that his deal will reduce annual economic growth by 6.7% compared to staying in the EU. But such was his thirst for power, false promises, denial and pandering to ignorant fools was his only strategy. Knowing that what ever happens he can use the same bollocks with impunity. We are now stuck with him and everyone will suffer accordingly...mongs included.

Latest Threads