Brexit Endgame

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
If you pay your £960 to the Open University and take Module 301: "Become an instant expert on any subject with 15 minutes of Googling", you too can become a widely respected SME.

Wordsmith :smile:
It's cheaper where the cuisine and scenery are better.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Surely, it would be "Es tut uns leid" or "Entschuldigung für die Unannehmlichkeiten" (sorry for the inconvenience) being the German speaker that he is.
Shurely shome mishtake in your first one "es tut mir lied" auf Deutsche

You are claiming that the Honda Accord is kept out of Europe? That must be major news to the many people in the UK and Europe who own one.

Japan and the EU recently signed an FTA

Unsurprisingly the Japs first reaction was to announce that UK manufacturing of Japanese cars is to be wound down. Simply because imports from Japan into europe have suddenly lost a huge cost from tariffs.

That means Japanese built cars just got massively cheaper to bring in to europe. They will now pursue a bigger market share with models built in Japan suddenly having a substantial drop in cost.

All seems quite strange considering Toyota and other manufacturers outside the EU sell other vans.

There could be any number of reasons why the HiAce is no longer sold in the EU.
Speaking as a bloke who buys a fair amount of vans every year, the EU actively hamper the import of Far Eastern manufactured vans.

You can buy them but the import tariffs have prevented them being very competitive.
Then there is the diesel emissions fiddling that made it even more complicated, the Japs struggled to make their vehicles comply with EuroVI cost effectively.
The French and Germans colluded with the EU to fiddle their figures. Not exactly a level playing field.

The removal of the tariffs will make a big difference (EU-Japan FTA, already done) and over the next 12 to 18 months Far East light commercials will become more competitive on emissions because the europeans can't cheat quite so easily anymore

The non EU manufacturers have been squeezed by EU collsuion in manufacturer fraud committed by the French and Germans

I see you’re an expert. Again.
How safe is safe? Its an easy question. So safe for instance the latest version of my 4x4 now has forward vision cameras fitted in the door mirrors to see through the blindspots in the huge windscreen pillars?

If you have an issue with cheap forward control vans slaughtering your domestic van makes, it's only 'right' you should feign concern for the public and introduce safety legislation that gets them off the market.

, the Japs struggled to make their vehicles comply with EuroVI cost effectively.
The French and Germans colluded with the EU to fiddle their figures. Not exactly a level playing field.

Unpossible!

Whats that, Honda, no slouches at engineering, were scratching their heads to wonder how the feck VW made their bread and butter 2.0l diesel fly through EURO VI so easily, while they had had to design a new and hellishly complex twin turbo thing to do it.
T'was easy when all VW had to do was tweak the fix in software - voila, EURO V is now EURO VI compliant!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Shurely shome mishtake in your first one "es tut mir lied" auf Deutsche
Translation page jobby, my only German is being able to order food and beer.

Translation page jobby, my only German is being able to order food and beer.
Ich auch meine herr. Did 2 cold war tours but only gained a passing acquaintance with the lingo. Hunchen mit pommes ohne mayo und zenf.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Here's an interesting one on free movement - it's denuding Croatia of people and brains.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/01/13/freedom-movement-triggered-population-crisis-eus-youngest-member/
European Union freedom of movement rules have triggered a population crisis in Croatia, the last country to join the EU, with hundreds of thousands of Croats moving to Western Europe for higher pay.

According to government figures, almost 40,000 people emigrated in 2018 and 189,074 people have left Croatia, which has a population of just 4.2 million people, since it joined the EU. Last year a group of experts said that the true figure is significantly higher with 230,000 leaving between 2013 and 2016 alone.
Even on the lower figure, that's 4.5% of the population that's hoofed it in recent years.

The law of unintended consequences strikes again...

Wordsmith

Here's an interesting one on free movement - it's denuding Croatia of people and brains.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/01/13/freedom-movement-triggered-population-crisis-eus-youngest-member/

Even on the lower figure, that's 4.5% of the population that's hoofed it in recent years.

The law of unintended consequences strikes again...

Wordsmith
It also will and always does.

The NHS strips many counties of workers, luckily they also have programmes where we borrow them and train them up before sending them back.

How safe is safe? Its an easy question. So safe for instance the latest version of my 4x4 now has forward vision cameras fitted in the door mirrors to see through the blindspots in the huge windscreen pillars?

If you have an issue with cheap forward control vans slaughtering your domestic van makes, it's only 'right' you should feign concern for the public and introduce safety legislation that gets them off the market.
You tell me, I’ve been managing risk and threat pretty much all my working life, but I’m sure you know best.

Funny how other vehicles managed to reach the required safety requirements, including those from outside the EU.

I can’t find Toyota complaining about it, but I’m sure they be delighted and that you are getting outraged on your behalf.

There's nothing to be said at the moment so I'm leaving it to be said by those best qualified.
Refighting the Battle of Britain while staying focused on the EU rather than the UK?

You tell me, I’ve been managing risk and threat pretty much all my working life, but I’m sure you know best.

Funny how other vehicles managed to reach the required safety requirements, including those from outside the EU.

I can’t find Toyota complaining about it, but I’m sure they be delighted and that you are getting outraged on your behalf.
there’s rather a big difference between playing with 1,000lb bombs and fetching 1,000lb of sand from Bobs Builders Merchants.

were HiAce vans known globally for slaughtering their drivers by the million?

if forward control vans were so deadly, why didn’t the EU introduce legislation to take all examples off the EUs roads?

Latest Threads