Brewery Trips Aldershot area

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by B_AND_T, Sep 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I am trying to organise a Brewery Trip. It needs to be either on a Monday or Tuesday. I have tried the Hogsback Brewery but they don't run trips on these days. Any ideas? I have tried Google but it isn't very helpful.
  2. Thats a bit of a drive is it not?
  3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Not really, posted to the uk now.
  4. Triple fff brewery close enough? It's in Alton - link attached:

The Triple fff Brewery Tour

Haven't been myself, but they've a tap pub in 'Shot towards the Lido which serves a decent pint.
  5. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

6. Thought it was a bit weird!
  7. Ringwood Brewery do tours and so do Harveys. Depends on how far out you are willing to travel.
  8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Thanks for the info. The real ale train looks promising. I have suggested Ringwood (I have done it before and it was a great night out) but the powers that be don't want to travel to far.
  9. Perhaps a bit out of area for you, but considered Wychwood Brewery in Witney? Also has the Brakspear set up there, which if you're a spotter is interesting because of their "double drop" system & the seething mass of yeast & stuff which oozes from the top of it like something from a horror film...

Edit to add: arrse! They only do weekends, but still worth mentioning for someone else who's organising a trip).
  10. Try the Alton one and the one in Richmond (used to brew Hofmeister), both easy rail travel for Aldershot.

Done them both, can't remember a thing.

Well, I sort of remember the bloke being pushed out of the closed coach window onto the A316 at Sunbury, on the way back from Richmond, so best take enough money to cover coach windows then.
  11. There is a brewery in between Church Crookham and Farnham- Does real ale, can look up the name for you at the weekend if you wish