Brent (Willy) Rushton

Just found out yesterday that Brent (Willy) Rushton passed away earlier this year (uncertain from what). Brent was 49 and served for a long period at 21 Sigs at Wildenwrath, 15 Sigs and 20 Armd Bde Sig Sqn

He was a massive Burnley fan and an all round cheerful chappy.

We used to share a room together in Lisburn and was going out with the daughter of Sammy Duddy the UDA player for quite a while!

An all round good bloke you will be missed Willy

JAD

LE
Just found out yesterday that Brent (Willy) Rushton passed away earlier this year (uncertain from what). Brent was 49 and served for a long period at 21 Sigs at Wildenwrath, 15 Sigs and 20 Armd Bde Sig Sqn

He was a massive Burnley fan and an all round cheerful chappy.

We used to share a room together in Lisburn and was going out with the daughter of Sammy Duddy the UDA player for quite a while!

An all round good bloke you will be missed Willy
Hi Timebandit, Ive not been on ARRSE for absolutely months and the first post I read is of the sad passing of 'Willy' Rushton. I stand to be corrected on some points as its 30+ years ago but I think he was 2 Sqn 21 Sig. Regt. I was 4 Sqn J Tp, Wilders. Brent deployed as part of the composite SH Force on Op Granby 1 October 1990. We JNCO's and Siggies, (lineys, Dvrs & Power Gods) shared tented accomodation that had a overpowering fug of farts, local tobacco and kero, (a real heady mix). Willy could always be relied on to fill/fix/fettle the genes anytime, day or night or do his shift without any dramas. He quickly became a bit of a guru on the 16/24 KVa 'in theatre' after having been a bit of a whizz on 500W gene sets. What surprises me is his young age at death. That means he was possibly 18/19 when we deployed. I seem to recall he was always up for a laugh, loved a wind up but was mature beyond his youth. RIP Willy. JAD.

Hi Timebandit, Ive not been on ARRSE for absolutely months and the first post I read is of the sad passing of 'Willy' Rushton. I stand to be corrected on some points as its 30+ years ago but I think he was 2 Sqn 21 Sig. Regt. I was 4 Sqn J Tp, Wilders. Brent deployed as part of the composite SH Force on Op Granby 1 October 1990. We JNCO's and Siggies, (lineys, Dvrs & Power Gods) shared tented accomodation that had a overpowering fug of farts, local tobacco and kero, (a real heady mix). Willy could always be relied on to fill/fix/fettle the genes anytime, day or night or do his shift without any dramas. He quickly became a bit of a guru on the 16/24 KVa 'in theatre' after having been a bit of a whizz on 500W gene sets. What surprises me is his young age at death. That means he was possibly 18/19 when we deployed. I seem to recall he was always up for a laugh, loved a wind up but was mature beyond his youth. RIP Willy. JAD.
Willy was a Sys Op but I know he spent quite a while at 21 and had a rather entertaining history there!

He was very grown up except when he got an ale or 5 down him but then again aren't we all!

JAD

LE
Willy was a Sys Op but I know he spent quite a while at 21 and had a rather entertaining history there!

He was very grown up except when he got an ale or 5 down him but then again aren't we all!
Timebandit, I am having to take my head for a walk, I had it that Willy was a an ED; he defo basha'd down with the kero soaked underlingings though.

Latest Threads