Bren mk3 used in combat in ww2

Hi guys I have the opportunity to buy a Enfield 1945 Bren mk3 In it’s original transit box just wondering on did the mk3 see service in ww2 and what do you think would you go with it if you had the option thanks in advance and I know this isnt an evaluation forum but what do you thinks a far price to pay? It’s wood is in lovely shape and this is a deact btw I’ll attach some pics

Attachments

Last edited:

I had a gut feeling that the poster who has only just registered, may be a nasty, and his description did not sound to convincing, He does not say why, he wants to buy, collecting, to de-activate, to sell on. I also mentioned in my report, that if genuine I apologise for any misinterpretation of his query. Also his question is readily available on Google.

Last edited:
I had a gut feeling that the poster who has only just registered, may be a nasty, and his description did not sound to convincing, He does not say why, he wants to buy, collecting, to de-activate, to sell on. I also mentioned in my report, that if genuine I apologise for any misinterpretation of his query. Also his question is readily available on Google. END
END. You utter throbber.

thanks you for your reply’s chaps not utilised but made by Enfield thanks mulfulira Indian paras interesting yes my reenacter friend wasn’t pleased when I told him what I found he was somewhat displeased but he’s already got 2 mk1s.

Have a good look at current Deact laws..... then think what way they are going .
If you want a Bren for the sake of having one then by all means .....but I suspect it will not be an investment or even be worth anything in a few years time
If it's current spec then it is pretty much a solid gun shaped piece of metal

4(T)

LE
Would anything change in the deact laws if brexit went through or would it stay the same?

The latest EU law requiring de-acts to be "notified"/registered might be set aside, only because it is too much work for the authorities.

Apart from that, there is essentially zero chance that any effort will be made to repeal earlier EU-instigated firearms law (including the latest EU de-act specs). Government is likely to be grid-locked with EU/Brexit related activity for a couple of decades, and there is literally no political interest in making the time to liberalise firearms laws.

As it happens, under the current BJ "deal", which is arguably nothing more than Brino anyway, UK will be obliged (or feel the need) to align itself with EU legislation in many areas. Further tranches of firearms laws would be an obvious area in which Britain would roll over, as the Establishment is so strongly anti-gun anyway. Shooting sports and related interests (de-acts, etc) have a lot of enemies (ie the MSM) and no balancing political representation.

BUY IT. My favourite while serving her majesty - yes, even more so than THAT rifle.
Mine was a 1944 Indian made version.
But what's the point in having it unless you can blat out a few mags every now and then. (i live stateside BTW so very allowable, and in some places encouraged!)
You should buy it then emigrate.

Yes well hopefully I’ll go stateside at some point maybe a holiday house over there while I’m dreaming however will have to visit America and shoot a bit with some American freedom canons

BUY IT. My favourite while serving her majesty - yes, even more so than THAT rifle.
Mine was a 1944 Indian made version.
But what's the point in having it unless you can blat out a few mags every now and then. (i live stateside BTW so very allowable, and in some places encouraged!)
You should buy it then emigrate.
Vermont and Texas 2 good places for Class III

Mufulira

Old-Salt
Vermont and Texas 2 good places for Class III
If you don't want to buy full auto guns, check out Las Vegas firing ranges where you can rent and blat away with a wide variety of firearms that would make Br Gov't blink. Quite a stress relieving event let me add. One of my Oz colleagues purchased a .50 cal rifle and stores it locally and legally in Nevada and comes over a few times a year to burn up some vacation money at fairly long ranges.