Breaking, US; four Firemen shot; two dead.

Arm them arm them now!!..if they were armed they could have shot them planes outta the sky over new york few years back!

Don't be silly, it's their own fault for carrying hoses not M16s.

Just absolute terrible news. Rest in Peace to them and a speedy recovery to those wounded. What a devastating time for their families when it should have been full of happiness and celebration.

I suppose the NRA will argue that if they had an armed guard outside every house on fire, this wouldn't have happened?

Perhaps it would be wise to hear what actually happened before everyone leaps in to whinge like ****.

Perhaps it would be wise to hear what actually happened before everyone leaps in to whinge like ****.
I'm with vampire. NRA has nothing to do with this tragedy nor did they have anything to do with the tragedy in Connecticut.

Very sad indeed. The fact that some individuals can't seem to restrain themselves from - metaphorically - waving the still-warm corpses of the firemen about on the end of a stick in order to make a political point about a political lobby group in another country, is almost as hard to understand as the motivation of the gunman.

Very sad indeed. The fact that some individuals can't seem to restrain themselves from - metaphorically - waving the still-warm corpses of the firemen about on the end of a stick in order to make a political point about a political lobby group in another country, is almost as hard to understand as the motivation of the gunman

Apparentally the shooter is dead at the hands of an "passer by" who just happend to be passing with his semi auto" Yeah well I recon it was a NRA set up to eccentuate the need for the public to be armed.

sorry recon should stop drinking the Jack Daniels now;/

Tho very sad for all effected pointless waste of life again.

P

Prefect

Are the NRA going to lobby Obama to, far from opposing them, insist that North Korea and Iran develop the best Nuclear weapons and means of delivery on the grounds that only by arming everyone will the world be safe?

Yes. What's the rush?

There's a hint of exultation, of "ooh, look at these corpses, look at them and see how right I am" about it. It's a bit nauseating to be honest.
I don't think there was anything in my post that contained any exultation at the murders of those who lost their lives. Quite the contrary and that includes the reference I made about the NRA.

The NRA are on record for their pro gun stance and their lobbying to prevent any legislation that might introduce curbs on gun ownership and usage and that hasn't changed since the terrible events in Connecticut.

In fact, the NRA and their supporters from the moment that the massacre in Connecticut became known have robustly gone on the offensive to get their message on opposing gun control across to the American public.

Neither the NRA or it's supporters are in a position to lecture me about timing.

Four firemen shot, two dead is what happened - what else do you want to hear?

That they where black men shot by the KKK, maybe?

Very sad indeed. The fact that some individuals can't seem to restrain themselves from - metaphorically - waving the still-warm corpses of the firemen about on the end of a stick in order to make a political point about a political lobby group in another country, is almost as hard to understand as the motivation of the gunman.
Perhaps you'd rather we pretended nothing had happened, then?

If you really find my motivation in posting this as incomprehensible as somebody shooting four firemen, its time you moved away from the internet.