Breaking News: TWO of the Armed Services will merge

Welcome back, the Royal Naval Air Service!

elovabloke

ADC
Watch and learn, for those interested on BBC Parliment now.

Does the navy have any boats / ships / whatever they call them left?

Two Armed Services 'Could Merge' In 10 Years

The Chief of Defence Staff has said it is "plausible" that two of the Armed Services could merge within the next 10 years.
Sir Jock Stirrup, who is the professional head of the Armed Forces, said one service could disappear to save money.

Defence Secretary Bob Ainsworth told Sky News he does not personally think it will happen, but he is "happy for people to discuss it."

More follows...
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/De...k_Stirrup_Says_Two_Armed_Services_Could_Merge

box-of-frogs said:
Does the navy have any boats / ships / whatever they call them left?
Le Navy + Le RAF - and we'll have to learn fookin French :x .

If this has got to happen - bin the crabs, and absorb them into the real armed services :soldier:

dangerousdave said:
Two Armed Services 'Could Merge' In 10 Years

The Chief of Defence Staff has said it is "plausible" that two of the Armed Services could merge within the next 10 years.
Sir Jock Stirrup, who is the professional head of the Armed Forces, said one service could disappear to save money.

Defence Secretary Bob Ainsworth told Sky News he does not personally think it will happen, but he is "happy for people to discuss it."

More follows...
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/De...k_Stirrup_Says_Two_Armed_Services_Could_Merge
Aw! Why pour cold water on and introduce sanity to an excellent exaggeration? :(

Not sure if this is the RAF STA or the RAF BDSM A maybe the links got crossed :D

Hilarious

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
So why only 2 services to merge? Why not all three? We should look around for an organisation that operates land, air and sea assets is numbered in the 100s of thousands of people and has global capability. I give you - the United States Navy and its Marines

And remember the british Army is a projectile to be fired by the Navy

We're doomed. DOOOMED!!

The lunatics have taken over the asylum........... :x

Please accept this post as my intention to take up citizenship of some third world shithole. Oh look! I ALREADY AM A CITIZEN OF A THIRD WORLD SHITHOLE - BRITAIN

RAF to divide most likely. FJ and heavy lift to RN, SH to Army - altho I'm being very simplistic.

A whole rump of Crab middle rank 'OC Stn Diversity Flt' should be getting really worried - they'll hate being Army. :)

Pay really really close attention to Red Bob's 'No Nation Can Act Alone' doctrine however...