Breaking News: TWO of the Armed Services will merge

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dangerousdave, Feb 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Green Paper>

CDS says.... TWO of the Armed Services will merge with another within 10 years 8O

On Sky news now!

2. The 100 Yr experiment is nearly at an end then......

3. Welcome back, the Royal Naval Air Service!

4. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Does that mean I will have to resign my membership to the RAF Star Trek Association?

Seriously:

http://www.rafsta.org/

5. Does this mean the RLC Port Op trade will become vastly overpopulated by naval types?

6. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Watch and learn, for those interested on BBC Parliment now.

7. You mean we're all going to become marines?

8. Does the navy have any boats / ships / whatever they call them left?

9. Maybe he meant the TA will merge with the NAAFI.

10. Approx 1/3rd less than the last SDR said they needed to erform their duties I believe

11. Two Armed Services 'Could Merge' In 10 Years

The Chief of Defence Staff has said it is "plausible" that two of the Armed Services could merge within the next 10 years.
    Sir Jock Stirrup, who is the professional head of the Armed Forces, said one service could disappear to save money.

Defence Secretary Bob Ainsworth told Sky News he does not personally think it will happen, but he is "happy for people to discuss it."

More follows...
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Defence-Chief-Sir-Jock-Stirrup-Says-Two-Armed-Services-Could-Merge/Article/201002115541414?lpos=Home_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15541414_Defence_Chief_Sir_Jock_Stirrup_Says_Two_Armed_Services_Could_Merge

12. RAF and Army?

I cant see the RN merging with the other two!

13. Le Navy + Le RAF - and we'll have to learn fookin French :x .

If this has got to happen - bin the crabs, and absorb them into the real armed services :soldier:

14. OMFG

this is actually real FFS

must be the final nail in the junior service's coffin

15. Aw! Why pour cold water on and introduce sanity to an excellent exaggeration? :(