Breaking News on News24 - Forces to get 2.6% Pay Increase

I've posted this on the other thread as well;

Is it just me wondering at what stage in 2009 that JPA might be paying all the lads this award?

Or am I being too cynical?

PE4rocks said:

Is it just me wondering at what stage in 2009 that JPA might be paying all the lads this award?

the linkythingy I posted states:
Des Browne, Defence Secretary, announced today that the Government has accepted the recommendations of the independent Armed Forces' Pay Review Body and will implement them in full from 1 April 2008.

I wonder how much every the things you pay for will go up at the same time, in order to ensure you actually get little or no 'extra' money in your bank at the end of each month?

Harry_Monk said:
I wonder how much every the things you pay for will go up at the same time, in order to ensure you actually get little or no 'extra' money in your bank at the end of each month?
If you want it like that then this is actually a pay cut.

rockape34 said:
PE4rocks said:

the linkythingy I posted states:
Des Browne, Defence Secretary, announced today that the Government has accepted the recommendations of the independent Armed Forces' Pay Review Body and will implement them in full from 1 April 2008.
Quite so, my dig was at the reportedly ultra-accurate and reliable, never mess the chaps about JPA system. I think 12 months is about right...