Breaking News: Huge Fire in London

Source: BBC

A huge blaze has broken out in east London close to where the main stadium for the London Olympics will be built.

The London Fire Brigade were called just after 1200 GMT on Monday to reports of a huge fire in Waterden Road, Stratford.

A plume of black smoke can be seen across the city.

Waterden Road runs through the site where the 2012 Olympics will be held.

Old Coach warehouse. Hmmm decisions decisions pay a fortune to clear all that contaminated ground or insure and burn the place!?

Let me just think about it over a cigarette and a lit match.......................

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Phew, you guys got there before me. What a HUGE coincidence that such a fire should occur at that location.

Follow the money . . . who stands to gain?

mysteron

LE
Book Reviewer
Wasn't a certain member of the Liarbour Party down there today and Gordon asked them to look after a can of petrol and a zippo lighter?

:thumright: :wink: :LOL:

Why is it that every news report (especially on the BBC) of any incident involving a fire/explosion/power cut etc has the tag-line "it isn't believed to be a terrorist incident"?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21752291/

LONDON - A fire at an east London warehouse on the 2012 Olympics site sent a towering column of black smoke over the British capital Monday, authorities said. There were no reports of injuries.

The blaze broke out shortly after noon on the western boundary of the Olympic Park site in Stratford, the Olympic Delivery Authority said.

Police said there was nothing to suggest a suspicious cause. “We only know it’s a fire,” a Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said. “There’s nothing to suggest anything else at the moment.”

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
That's a hell of a lot of smoke. I wonder whjat pollutants are being chucked around - oops, there goes the smoking ban!

Latest Threads