Breaking News: Gordon Brown has quit and walked out!!!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dangerousdave, May 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sky news now, packing his belongings at No 10 as we speak, as Lib-dem/Lab talks fail 8O :D :twisted: :D

2. Is it anything more than rumour yet?
    I know the Standard is running with it but there doesn't seem to be anything concrete.

3. Apparently Gordon's Jaguar is out and ready to roll and there are rumours of bags being brought out but nothing firm

4. Yeah, nice one dangerousdave, you made me cream myself. Now I've got to just sit in it.

5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

No, it's over. Brown is out, Labour are out, the Lib Dems are in, and the Conservatives are now in the sh!t.

6. Can't believe he even tried it. He has stained what remained of his reputation. Now he has to stay on til September. Ha ha. Tosser.

7. This Ash cloud is causing problems for the escape flight out,Brown and his henchmen may have to fly to Zimbabwe first before seeking sanctuary in N Korea. However they may still be able to get to Cuba.

8. No, reports are he's now quit, not resigned - as in gone now! :twisted:

9. Must have finished shredding the evidence.

10. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Shy News is reporting that Brown has 'quit'.

Whether that means that he has formerly tendered his resignation to The Queen yet is another matter.

If he has then Cameron should see her within the next hour.

Negotiations are still ongoing in The Cabinet Office, but apparently Cameron is due to give a speech in the near future.

11. tax payers will pick up the climate CO offset no doubt :wink:

12. Good.

What an undignified few days for British politics.

Sorry: what an undignified few more days for British politics.

And now onto the important stuff: let's have another election by autumn. Now that Clegg has shown himself to be a man utterly lacking in any sort of principles or morals, hopefully both the voting public and his party will turn on him for leaping onto both sides of the fence over the last few days. Hopefully, we will see a majority government this year.

13. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

If the LD's manage to push their PR agenda through, then get used to it!

14. BBC are saying the bags coming out the back of Downing Street are Darling's not Brown's.

15. Not quite yet, If Labour has pulled out of talks with the lib dems then, the Conservatives have a bit more power now......I hope Gordo has fecked off...watching Sky Now!!