Breaking News from Germany

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by polar, Jul 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It has been alleged by sources within the World Cup Headquarters in Germany, that following the quarter final match between England and Portugal last weekend, one (as yet unnamed) member of the Portugal team has failed the mandatory post-match drugs test. If this result is ratified, under the World Cup Federation rules; paragraph 6, sub-section 2e; Portugal will forfeit the match and England will be invited to play France in tomorrow’s semi-final.

I have included the full transcript of this report, below.

2. Nice one Polar!

3. Ohhhhhhhhh, you nasty man!

4. ...but very very funny.

I, however, hate football, despite the fact that I watched the 1966 World Cup Final from start to finish.

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

6. you will be getting peoples hopes up, not mine though!!!!!!!!!!

7. Don't forget, Carlsberg has been going since 1847.

26-11-2003
    England to be stripped of the world cup.
    It is alleged that one of the English rugby players failed a drugs test yesterday. If positive, under World Rugby Federation rules, paragraph 6 sub-section 2e England will FORFEIT the world cup and Australia will retain the crown.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-127281.html

Euro 2004
    It's alleged that one of the French football players has failed a drugs and alcohol test after the match. If this is confirmed as positive, under World Football Federation rules, paragraph 6 sub section 2e, France will forfeit the first group match 3-0.
    http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/archive/index.php/t-13808.html

There's an excellent email doing the rounds in the wake of England's late, late defeat by France at Euro 2004. It goes like this:
    If this is confirmed as positive, under World Football Federation rules, paragraph 6 sub section 2e, France will forfeit their three points and they'll be appointed to their opponents, England.
    http://www.rhodesfamily.org.uk/blog/2004_06_01_archive.html

etc

I wonder if someone in the company started that rumour with the The Mexican-American War (1846-47)

:roll:

8. V good Polar!! Could just do with an ice cold carlsberg right now.

9. Excellent Polar! Good one-had me straight away.

10. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

My boss just read out the first part of the post "It has been alleged by sources within the World Cup Headquarters in Germany, that following the quarter final match between England and Portugal last weekend, one (as yet unnamed) member of the Portugal team has failed the mandatory post-match drugs test. If this result is ratified, under the World Cup Federation rules; paragraph 6, sub-section 2e; Portugal will forfeit the match and England will be invited to play France in tomorrow’s semi-final," his voice getting more excited almost word by word. As he read it, the others started getting happy to, some standing up and punching the air etc, generally getting excited...
    I waited until the hubbub (love that word) died down, and suggested that the boss continued to read the rest of the email....

It would appear that his other half, who sent him the email, will be sleeping on the sofa tonight....

11. Evil. One last vestige of hope cruelly snatched from my disillusioned life.

12. You had me goin there.
    thought my computer was playing up again
    when all I could see was blank space :eek: