Breaking news: : Drugs found in Defence Secs home

BBC News ticker reports that a quantity of a Class C drug have been found in Defence Secretary John Reid's home.

No details or link yet. CDT, anyone?

Note to Bliar: It never rains but it pours, eh?

Weed's still class C isn't it? I know they were thinkin about sticking it back up to Class B.

Funny thing with the law, if the drugs are found in someone's house, the owner of the house can be done for allowing drugs to be kept on the premises, even if htey don't own the. So it makes little to no diffference if it's a family member or his own stash of ganja. Wonder if he's a doobie or a bong man?

At last, a high in a pretty crap week.

lazystudent said:
Weed's still class C isn't it? I know they were thinkin about sticking it back up to Class B.

Funny thing with the law, if the drugs are found in someone's house, the owner of the house can be done for allowing drugs to be kept on the premises, even if htey don't own the. So it makes little to no diffference if it's a family member or his own stash of ganja. Wonder if he's a doobie or a bong man?
I think Reid's a class C and we all know what the C stands for.

tricam said:
http//news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4957354.stm

The drugs were there before he moved in.

Tricam
That's ok then, he can go back to being a thoroughly nice bloke now.

It would explain a lot if you think about it.

Mind you, if the filth called round hear and found hash d'you reckon telling them it was there when i moved in would result in them telling me that was fine...carry on?

I bet the previous owner's crapping it.

But of course the drugs were there before he moved in.

A spokesman for Mr Reid told BBC Scotland the MP had "absolutely no idea where it came from".
Now call me cynical if you want, but he's hardly going to say anything else now is he?

wonder how many times that building has been swept before ... and if the stuff was there before, why was it missed?
If it wasn't there before ... 'Would you care for a drugs test Mr Reid?'

You can imagine the estate agent telling Reid that it has good views, a neutral colour scheme and a free stash.

Silly not to buy it.

If all drugs were legalised, then Mr Reid would be able to relax and enjoy his blow without the pesky police causing even more problems by releasing this news at such a politically sensitive time

But surely IF the drugs were there before he moved in,would'nt they have been found when/if the security services checked the home? You would have thought that the security services would check the home of a politician for stuff like bugs ect & do a background check on the seller which'd show up any druggie history.

Does the fact he obviously hasn't had any guests tell us something?

So remember then when the RMP find a couple of joints in your webbing all you need to say is "they must have been there before it was issued to me!"

Yeah right son you are nicked.

I thought ignorance was no defence in the eyes of the law.

So why is he so fcuking ignorant?

Hope the 2 sldrs in our unit found with class A drugs in their possession dont hear about this......opens up a whole new can of worms. The burden of proof is "Beyond Reasonable Doubt" so if the drugs are stashed in the roof or somewhere how can you proove that they haven't been there ages??