• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Breaking News - Doreen Lawrence to be made a peer

From the Beeb website

And her committment to thr UK public life as a whole is . . . . ?

BBC said:
The mother of murdered London teenager Stephen Lawrence is
to be made a Labour peer, the BBC understands

Doreen Lawrence has led a long campaign to find out what happened to her son,
who was killed in 1993.

The BBC's Danny Shaw said the nomination had been agreed by party leader Ed
Miliband and put forward to Downing Street in a list of recommendations
BBC News - Doreen Lawrence to become Labour peer

Edited to add: Will she be known as Dame Lawrence of Well Hall Road, SE9 ?

That's it, **** it, I'm becoming a republican.
Stand by for her to become a permanent feature on all and any BBC talk shows, news and current affairs programmes.

I feel a poll is in order. That way we on here can make our feelings known without resorting to vilification and locked threads. A poll with less said is more telling than trolling.

Why.............she spends more time in the West Indies,than she does in this country,and her contribution for the good of this nation,cynical moi? :puker:

Now the outrage bus is ticking over and full of the easily distracted it will be interesting to see who else is on the list when it is published.

My money is on a few big financial donors from all sides.

Jesus H Christ!

A nasty little crime committed by some nasty little scrotebags.

...but, god, she has played the victim well and gone on, and on, and on, (repeat to fade).

Why doesn't she move to Italy and fight the racism cause there including the first black minister?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Jesus H Christ!

A nasty little crime committed by some nasty little scrotebags.

...but, god, she has played the victim well and gone on, and on, and on, (repeat to fade).

Why doesn't she move to Italy and fight the racism cause there including the first black minister?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Of course, had the met investigated the matter properly in the first place then perhaps she wouldn't have had to "play the victim" for quite so long.

Just a thought.

I suspect her appearance at the John Terry trial was to further her reputation and political aims... Although I don't remember her saying anything about Rio Ferdinands comments in twitter... Anyway... If she wants to be a peer and a force against racism... Send her to Luton!

Latest Threads