Breaking News - Crab reveals sense of humour

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Auld-Yin, Jun 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I have it on good authority that the Navs on that plane is on exchange from the Fleet Air Arm.

3. Auld-Yin

Thank God for that :D Class act by our web footed brothers 8)

4. Bit difficult given as the Fleet Air Arm don't have any FJ backseaters......

That said I believe the GR4 fleet have numerous exchange personnel from the USN.

Chas

5. Full marks for spelling, but cant see if the punctuation is correct. On the whole, good effort.

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

The crew were from XV(R) Sqn who train all Tornado pilots & navs & carry out weapon conversion.I doubt,due to their role,that they'd have any RN exchange personnel.

7. Hence the possible lack of punctuation.

8. must have written on the back of his hotel receipt, you can clearly make out the words hilton....

9. I think (and I'm open to correction on this Spike) that they have USN ex-F18 and EA6B guys on their staff. Last RN guys in RAF jet world (apart from JFH and exch blokes at Valley /Linton, obviously) would have been 360 Sqn, I'd have thought. Who counted amongst their ranks one Flt Lt Underwood at one point!!!

10. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Yup,we had a Canadian FA-18 pilot on a Sqn when I was at Bruggen & we Brits are the only nation to have a exchange pilot fly the F-117 Stealth.I believe that pilot later went on to fly with the Red Arrows.

11. The back seat RN type is a failed harrier pilot who was offered Tornado as his next career. He is yet to go thru the conversion from RN to RAF.

12. Auld-Yin

So he has not had his 'sense of humour' removed yet?

13. They don't remove it, they just supplant it with a massive ego :twisted:

14. Nav calling the pilot stupid? Pot- kettle- black.

15. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

He's not a Nav if he has'nt done his conversion yet,so he's just on a jolly.