• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Breaking news - arrest at No. 10 Downing Street

Sorry to disappoint (but it's not Bliar)

Ruth Turner Director of Goverment Relations is thought to have been arrested as part of the "cash for honours" enquiry.

The trail is getting closer and closer......

Oh brilliant - I'm so phucking chuffed the net is closing in on this prick.

I watched the trial of Tony Blair on C4 the other day, my God, I wished it was a documentary rather then a work of fiction. My hope is in the prophetic ability of the director/producer...

I wonder whether this arrest was planned by Number 10 to coincide with the media furore over the Big Brother gobshites? Sky News has just switched coverage from the Cash for Questions affair back to some dribbling twat on a market stall in Leicester for his thoughts on Jade Goodie.

I need a drink!

Honours police arrest Blair aide
BBC breaking news graphic
Downing Street political adviser Ruth Turner has been arrested by police investigating the cash-for-honours allegations.

The government has confirmed she was arrested on Friday morning and questioned, but later released without charge.

Police are investigating whether people have been nominated for honours after giving money to political parties.

About 90 people have been questioned. All those involved deny any wrongdoing.

More soon.
See
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6279729.stm

Jim_Karna said:
Sorry to disappoint (but it's not Bliar)

Ruth Turner Director of Goverment Relations is thought to have been arrested as part of the "cash for honours" enquiry.

The trail is getting closer and closer......
B**LOCKS!!!I was so hoping 'twas El Presidente!!.... :shakefist:

EX_STAB said:
Honours police arrest Blair aide
BBC breaking news graphic
Downing Street political adviser Ruth Turner has been arrested by police investigating the cash-for-honours allegations.

The government has confirmed she was arrested on Friday morning and questioned, but later released without charge.

Police are investigating whether people have been nominated for honours after giving money to political parties.

About 90 people have been questioned. All those involved deny any wrongdoing.

More soon.
See
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6279729.stm
I hope she sings like a canary and drags the whole sorry bunch of gobshites down with her

Radio 2 has just said the arrest was for perverting the course of justice and not abuse of honours.

I've always said it was the cover-up that would get them rather than the original wrong-doing

Jim_Karna said:
Radio 2 has just said the arrest was for perverting the course of justice and not abuse of honours.

I've always said it was the cover-up that would get them rather than the original wrong-doing
Interesting. She was questioned in September. No wonder Blairs pushing Broon into the limelight. No doubt planning to do a bunk before the wheel comes off.

now if he buggers off to the US, we dont have a reciprocal agreement on extradition do we? i wonder if he could be the first British Prime Minister to claim political asylum....

Daede said:
now if he buggers off to the US, we dont have a reciprocal agreement on extradition do we? i wonder if he could be the first British Prime Minister to claim political asylum....
wishful thinking, I doubt even the US of A would put him up!! :shakefist:

"The government has confirmed she was arrested on Friday morning and questioned, but later released without charge."

I fukcing knew it! The fukcers cloaked the arrest whilst our wonderful 'free press' were concentrating on Big Brother. Reuters are reporting that the press knew that an aide from No. 10 had been lifted very soon after it happened but couldn't get a confirmation or denial out of the Downing Street Press office.

Latest Threads