Breaking news - Armed Police no-knock Aldershot

2 addresses in the Shot no-knocked under prevention of Terrorism, suspects arrested , addresses sealed. Breaking on BBC24 now.

I've no idea if this is of any relevance, but my daughter phoned me yesterday at 16:20. She had just driven past the High Street end of Manor Park Aldershot. I believe it was just outside the park that the incident was occuring. She told me there were armed Police in balaclavas, which hid their faces. She said they had one chap, in a hoody, standing facing the railings. There was another chap lying very still on the ground, with the balaclavaed police standing pointing guns at him.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Anyone heard from Jack Daniels today?

A man arrested under the terrorism act in Hampshire is still being questioned by police. The 25 year old was taken in by armed officers in Aldershot just before 4pm yesterday afternoon. It followed an investigation into suspected domestic extremism. Two houses - one in Crossways the other in Denmark Square have been cordoned off.

C

cloudbuster

sandmanfez said:
domestic extremism.
OK, got my head round the concept of it, but just for a moment I had visions of mums getting violent with their nippers for leaving the house in a mess.

That would be extreme domesticism?

sandmanfez said:
A man arrested under the terrorism act in Hampshire is still being questioned by police. The 25 year old was taken in by armed officers in Aldershot just before 4pm yesterday afternoon. It followed an investigation into suspected domestic extremism. Two houses - one in Crossways the other in Denmark Square have been cordoned off.
Denmark Square - Delightful "des res" area of Aldershot.

Probably JD getting nicked for making threatening posts about Broon.

New Labour. They haven't gone away, you know.

comedy dave said:
Denmark Square - Delightful "des res" area of Aldershot.
Yup, if you're after some illicit product, skanky poon and a bodykit to pimp your Merc yardiemobile, its a one stop shop.

I've long stopped believing that arrests under the "terrorism act" automatically indicate any terrorist activity, not under this government.

"Police in balaclavas" Welcome to the police state.

It's not me! I'm innocent for a change though there is a helicopter hovering, hang on, someones knocking on my do........................

jack-daniels said:
It's not me! I'm innocent for a change though there is a helicopter hovering, hang on, someones knocking on my do........................
Jack,nip up to the Traf and take all the incriminating pics off the wall, before they start to raid homes all over UK

EX_STAB said:
I've long stopped believing that arrests under the "terrorism act" automatically indicate any terrorist activity, not under this government.
Nive to see somebody is awake and has their eyes open.
Might be something to do with the 10,000 plus times that anto terror legislation has been used for non terrorism related petty law enforcement perhaps?

domestic extremism= the religion of peace nut jobs
not the troubles reenactment society
or be nice to cuddly animals or we will kill you
or Adolf was just misunderstood but your learn yes you will wibble.
think that's M15 's threat briefing nicely summed up although forgot Ivan with glowing cups of tea. pro life nut jobs and assorted beastly foreign types targeting other foreign types.

peace love and understanding anyone?
thought not :x

I was wracking my brain about Denmark Square 'till I realised that was where "The Horse" had her Ghurka brothel in the 1980s.

The question that springs to mind though is why, in a democracy, is there ever a reason for police to wear balaclavs to hide their identity?

I can think of no reason for this unless they are acting with the intention of deliberately breaking the law themselves.

Is it not a legal requirement for a police officer in uniform to display his number so that he can be idenitfied in fact is it legal for a police officer to conceal his iodentity whilst performing his duties?

Furryturd said:
I was wracking my brain about Denmark Square 'till I realised that was where "The Horse" had her Ghurka brothel in the 1980s.

The question that springs to mind though is why, in a democracy, is there ever a reason for police to wear balaclavs to hide their identity?

I can think of no reason for this unless they are acting with the intention of deliberately breaking the law themselves.

Is it not a legal requirement for a police officer in uniform to display his number so that he can be idenitfied in fact is it legal for a police officer to conceal his iodentity whilst performing his duties?
I think you'll find it's more because they are are fire and flash resistant. It would protect the face if the suspect does have a bomb or a petrol bomb

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
'Domestic terrorism'? And the Anti-terror legislation. I know what it is. Someone has put the wrong stuff in the recycling bin! The councils love that legislation, it means they can spy on us all for petty reasons.