Breaking news - Armed Police no-knock Aldershot

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Apr 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 2 addresses in the Shot no-knocked under prevention of Terrorism, suspects arrested , addresses sealed. Breaking on BBC24 now.

2. I've no idea if this is of any relevance, but my daughter phoned me yesterday at 16:20. She had just driven past the High Street end of Manor Park Aldershot. I believe it was just outside the park that the incident was occuring. She told me there were armed Police in balaclavas, which hid their faces. She said they had one chap, in a hoody, standing facing the railings. There was another chap lying very still on the ground, with the balaclavaed police standing pointing guns at him.

3. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Anyone heard from Jack Daniels today?

4. A man arrested under the terrorism act in Hampshire is still being questioned by police. The 25 year old was taken in by armed officers in Aldershot just before 4pm yesterday afternoon. It followed an investigation into suspected domestic extremism. Two houses - one in Crossways the other in Denmark Square have been cordoned off.

5. OK, got my head round the concept of it, but just for a moment I had visions of mums getting violent with their nippers for leaving the house in a mess.

That would be extreme domesticism?

6. Denmark Square - Delightful "des res" area of Aldershot.

7. Entire roads are closed off there this morning still, so its a fairly comprehensive area closure

8. Probably JD getting nicked for making threatening posts about Broon.

New Labour. They haven't gone away, you know.

9. Yup, if you're after some illicit product, skanky poon and a bodykit to pimp your Merc yardiemobile, its a one stop shop.

10. I've long stopped believing that arrests under the "terrorism act" automatically indicate any terrorist activity, not under this government.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "Police in balaclavas" Welcome to the police state.

11. It's not me! I'm innocent for a change though there is a helicopter hovering, hang on, someones knocking on my do........................

12. Tell that to the judge at the show trial! :twisted:

13. Jack,nip up to the Traf and take all the incriminating pics off the wall, before they start to raid homes all over UK