Breaking News - 3 UK Soldiers killed by Afghan Policeman

Can someone explain why this is the second known time this ilhas happend?! i cant get ny head round it, will it mean they are the enemy aswell? ... RIP

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
SOURCE

Three British soldiers killed in Afghanistan
2 Jul 12

It is with the deepest sadness that the Ministry of Defence must announce that three soldiers were killed in Afghanistan yesterday, Sunday 1 July 2012.
Two soldiers serving with the 1st Battalion Welsh Guards and one serving with the Royal Corps of Signals were killed in an incident at Checkpoint Kamparack Pul in the Nahr-e Saraj district of Helmand province.

The soldiers were part of a Police Advisory Team which had been to the checkpoint to conduct a shura. On leaving, they were engaged by small arms fire from a man wearing an Afghan Police uniform. During this exchange of fire the three soldiers were wounded and, despite receiving first aid at the scene, they died of their injuries.

Spokesman for Task Force Helmand, Major Ian Lawrence, said:

"It is with deep regret that I must inform you that three soldiers, two serving with the 1st Battalion Welsh Guards and one serving with the Royal Corps of Signals, have been killed in an incident at Checkpoint Kamparack Pul in the Nahr-e Saraj district of Helmand province.

"Their loss will be felt deeply across Task Force Helmand. However, this will be nothing compared to the grief experienced by the soldiers' families. Our thoughts and prayers are with them at this extremely difficult time."

The soldiers' families have been informed and have asked for a period of grace before further details are released
Rest In Peace guys.

Heard the news this morning "3 NATO soldiers have been killed...." and I'm afraid to say that it blended into the background noise.. I assumed it may have been an 'other national'

But as there are fewer and fewer NATO nations daft enough to still be in this God-forsaken hole then the law of averages is that a 'NATO soldier' announcement is going to be either US or UK citizen before long.

RIP boys

Heard the news this morning "3 NATO soldiers have been killed...." and I'm afraid to say that it blended into the background noise.. I assumed it may have been an 'other national'

But as there are fewer and fewer NATO nations daft enough to still be in this God-forsaken hole then the law of averages is that a 'NATO soldier' announcement is going to be either US or UK citizen before long.

RIP boys
RIP guys.

When are we going to pull out of this vile country? If you cannot trust the police force then you cannot trust anyone. This crowd have had over a decade to get their act together, they are not capable of doing so. The sooner this is realised then the sooner we can all start living our own lives again. Oh sure the Taleban will come back into power but with the correct megatonnage of bombs then they won't prove to be too much trouble. Has anybody considered that an amalgamation with Iran might be a solution? We could all have a big nuclear party then.

I'm spitting feathers about this and there is absolutely fcuk all I can do about it. Whichever way I cast my vote, they are all of the same opinion, that "we are making a difference out there". Well, I'm sorry, we are emphatically NOT making one iota of difference, as our brave young servicemen continue to spill their blood. All we are doing is holding the line until we eventually pull out, allowing the Taliban back into the fold to undo any progress and return the shithole back to the 13th Century. It is a complete cesspit, populated by people loyal only to their own tribe, who in general, despise us with a passion. If any of our politicians had the guts to spend more than a secure overnight stay at Bastion, then perhaps they would get the message too. Let's leave them to it - and that is not being disrespectful to our fallen, it has gone way beyond that.
RIP.

RIP lads. its got to the point where you cant even trust the people your meant to be working with. wtf is going on, sooner we **** off out of that country the better!

Latest Threads