breaking in boots

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by bobjahoho, Dec 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. we've all heared the wives tales, but what really is the quickest and easiest way too break in a good pair of boots?

i've heared p:ssing in your boots is a good way break 'em in, not sure if thats because of the urea in the urine or just the hot water but i've never tried it. tips anyone?
  2. Yaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwn!
  3. yeah p'ssing on them help, mad isnt it? Also, sh'tting n them and then putting them on helps.
  4. Oh a thread about kit why has nobody thought to do this before?
  5. Are these the boots you wear when 'visiting' the homes of Liverpool football players?
  6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

My old DS said the best way to break in boots is by kicking idiots/recruits/mongs ect up the dunghole!
  7. Breaking in Boots?

Simple numb nuts. Wait till the staff have fecked off then hoy a brick through the window - voila, all the plasters you can eat.

Not fecking rocket science is it.
  8. You should wear them around the house or short walks for a bit.

You could try wearing the in the bath so they get shaped around your feet.
  9. You could also try uses oil to soften the leather although this is sometimes frowned upon as means leather can get too soft and split.

The worst thing about army boots is they are not fitted properly.
  10. Wearing them alot helps.
  11. and hitting the back suporting strip with a hammer apparently.
  12. Naahhh! Go for a long run which includes a river crossing!
  13. some old engine oil on the pair you intend using for your best boots is the trick will make them so soft it stops the polish from cracking off so soon as you get leave take them down the local garage and pop them in the oil recycling barrel for a few hours whislt you have a few drinks in the local