Breaking an FTRS Contract

I am an an-regular officer on a 3 year FTRS contract and would like to hear your thoughts on the feasability of cutting it short.

Essentially I would like to leave this contract after 2 years and pick up a different, SO3, job in a regional bde.

I realise this would be - to many of you - rather jack. I signed on the line for the three years, so why change? Well essentially staying for the full whack will have a very bad effect on my family life, unforseeable when I signed up.

I am not committed to signing off, but would like to investigate the possibility. Obviously I would give 6 months notice, or as much as required. Due to my employment there would be no need for my unit to find a replacement.

If I did so would I be in such bad situation with MCM Div that I would not be considered for any further FTRS contracts? I would understand if so - this is the Army after all - but I hope that they might be persuadable

I realise that "tough shit" is the answer many of you will give, but I'd be grateful to hear other opinions too.

Thanks

Bundook

The_Duke

LE
Bundook,

You can negotiate early release from your FTRS contract with your CO. You then arrange a mutually agreable date for it to finish, giving enough time for a suitable replacement to be recruited if required. If your contract is finished in this way, and with a suitable write up from your CO, future FTRS will not be a problem.

As long as you have a good working relationship with your C of C it should not be a problem.

Duke

Latest Threads