Breakfast in a can

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Hugh_Jardon, Jun 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Very neat little recipe I picked up while working in my local pub, and after making my own alterations, serves an excellent little breakfast. Needs a fair bit of preparation, but is great when finished, and can even be refrigerated for a few days.

Eggs (x3 pp)
    Butter (to taste)
    Pork sausages (x2 pp)
    Beans, heinz, tin of (1 tin goes for about 2-3 people)
    Sage, thyme, chives (fresh if poss)
    Reggae Reggae sauce
    Mushrooms (portobello, x 1 pp)
    sliced bacon (x2 pp at least)
    salt & pepper (to taste)

Phase 1:
    Crack eggs into mixing bowl, beat.
    Chop sausage, mushroom, bacon, stick into hot frying pan (important- pan must already be hot)
    Empty beans into saucepan, heat gently.

Phase 2:
    Add eggs to new saucepan, heat gently. When lumps start to form, stir around edges (hottest part) and into centre. According to personal taste, add at least 2 knobs (approx 25g total) of butter to eggs, stir. Continue to heat gently, until eggs have coagulated satisfactorily. Important- eggs cook at 37 degrees, so only apply gentle heat (I use an Aga, personally)
    Once eggs are cooked, turn heat right down, only enough to keep them warm

(Throughout this it is important to keep stirring the beans, and turning over the sausages, bacon etc)

Phase 3: Add thyme, chives to egg and stir. Add Reggae Reggae sauce into beans to taste (I use 1-2 tablespoons, depending on size/mood!) add salt and pepper into beans to taste.

Once beans are bubbling nicely, and the bacon, mushrooms and sausage is cooked nicely, comes Phase 4:

Add bacon, sausage, mushroom to beans, stir well until coated.
    Add bean part to eggs, mix well, adding any further herbs/seasonings to taste.

Serve over bread, toast or on it's own. Enjoy with glass of cold orange juice, or Whiskey.

(c) Hugh Jardon 2008
  2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Sorry, I read the header and thought you were talking about 'White Lightning'. NVM.
  3. Surely that should be enjoyed with a pint of Black Velvet?
  4. How the feck can you fit all that into a can?
    Methinks you have a missleading title sir!
  5. Whats it got to do with a can?!
  6. Sorry, should have explained myself. The head chef was travelling in Oz when he spotted this 'Breakfast in a can' advertised - simply, all the above, in a can - to be opened, tipped into a saucepan and cooked, or placed in a saucepan of boiling water. He thought 'good idea' tried it, hated it, improved it. My version is an improvement of an improvement - minus the can.

Hope this clears things up!
  7. This breakfast would be improved by having a can of something with it. Guinness for preference ... and black pudding.
  8. Tin of Fray Bentos Steak and Kidney Pie.

Bake as per instructions.

Dab of Marmite on crust.

Smother in ketchup.

Eat using titanium spoon to avoid it catching fire from friction caused by the speed at which this ambrosia gets shoveled down your neck.
  9. Ha Ha! My ip address is not really and my isp is not really verizon avenue :)
  10. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

That breakfast could be improved by the subtraction of the beans, and the addition of black pudding, white pudding, potato cakes, and a couple of grilled tomatoes.

To drink either a pint of tea or a couple of pints of Guinness.
  11. Already done. How do you think it got to the first page? It's bloody boring out here in the middle of nowhere with zero in the way of TV and radio.
  12. schooner_380.jpg

10 letters and all that...
  13. Fairy nuff.
  14. I wish, mate. It's a dry base. The only thing left to play with is myself and I've already worn my meaty surprise down to a 14 inch stump through frantic masturbation while leering at goats.