Breakfast cakes

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by thecoops, Jan 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I drank a pint of cold custard once ******* hard work. I am gonna give them a go when I've got time, washed down with tea and H.P

2. they actually look ok....might try them myself Coops.............and then have deep fried Mars bar and custard for afters

3. Hmmmm culinary snobbery from the nation that gave us snails, frogs' legs and horse burgers?

4. Bacon and egg butties cooked in a cup shape instead of flat?

5. Oh, please Em. Naught wrong with bacon and eggs with a bit of toast for brekkie, add some pancakes, sausages, and hash browns and you are ready to face the day (ok, granted it should be -40 or so, and you should be a lumberjack).

6. Damn, now I'm getting peckish...pass the garlic butter please.

7. stop imposing french shit on us then

8. Are your recipes your own,or did you plagiarise them from elsewhere?

Just asking, like...

9. Calzone pizza stuffed with fried egg, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, fried tomato, black pudding and cheese would make a fair to middling breakfast pastie. Dunk in tomato sauce and scoff one handed with a pint mug of tea in the other.

Definitely have to try that once I'm back in the land of beer and pork chops.

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

The battles of Crecy and Agencourt were won against vastly superior French forces. Historians dribble on about the English deployment of the longbow and tactics to disrupt French cavalry but this is bollocks.

Crecy and Agencourt were won because our lads started the day with a proper English breakfast whilst the French ate cakes.

Begone with your filthy foreign breakfast cakes, crescent muncher.

• Like Like x 2
  11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Take a bath with the toaster.

• Like Like x 2
  12. One of the recipes comments:

Gravy on bacon and egg!?

I'm northern but even I wouldn't put gravy on my morning fry up

Sent from my iPhone using my ARRSE