Breakdown CIC

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by SmithsRail, Jan 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I start at Catterick on 24th Febuary 08 for the standard Combat Infantrymen's Course. However I have not yet recieved my actuall joining instructions yet which also includes a breakdown of the 26 week course.

Does anybody know where I can find a copy of these online, or just a week by week breakdown for the course?

Cheers in advance.
  2. all i could find pulled from
    Combat Infantryman's Course

The Combat Infantryman's Course (CIC) is the framework upon which all regular infantry recruit training is based. The course equips recruits with infantry special to arms skills needed for a rifle platoon ready to deploy on an operational tour after minimal further appropriate pre-operational training in the Field Army. Successful completion of the CIC marks the end of initial army training.

The majority of recruits joining the infantry choose line infantry regiments; they undertake the standard CIC which lasts for 24 weeks. Recruits joining the Foot Guards, Parachute Regiment and the Gurkhas, carry out additional training to meet the particular needs of these regiments. Similarly, recruits from the Army Foundation College at Harrogate undertake a specially adapted, but shorter CIC.

The Combat Infantryman's Course (Single) is structured around three phases as follows:

Weeks 1-6 Individual skills, drill, weapons training, fitness and fieldcraft.
    Weeks 7-21 Team skills, endurance training including long runs, patrolling skills.
    Weeks 22 - 24 Live firing and battle camp at Sennybridge in Wales .
  3. cheers for that man nice one