Break of Service and Retention of Rank (TA)

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by FrogPrince, Apr 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Folks,

I'd appreciate a pointer towards the TA's policies on retention of rank if you have a break in service.

In short, I left one TA unit (SoS) in September 2004 and was finally re-attested into another unit (ToS) in Feb 2006. However, the CoC at that time - i.e. the then Adjutant - decided that because I didn't know anything about my new Corps I would have to start again from the bottom of the rank structure.

I've been told by a few people that this may not have been 'kosher' and that there are regs that cover this. If so, which publication do I need to go to in order to find the definitive answer, if one exists ?

2. I haven't got access to the relevant Regs at the moment but there are a few things I would need to know before offering any advice. What rank were you? What rank did you rejoin in? What rank are you now? What have your CR grades/ write ups been like? What is your attendance like? what was your previous and new cap badge & trade(s)? how much service did you do previously? were there any vacancies in your old rank in the new unit when you joined? If you can answer these questions I will see what I can dig up tomorrow - send by PM if you want to.