Break in Service and immediate pension point.

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by garyrjb, Oct 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello and thanks in advance.

If a soldier leaves after 11 years on 75 pension and then rejoins on 05 pension when he retires at the combined total of 22 years will he be entiltled to an immediate pension or does he just get a capial payment at 65 and the draw a pension?
  2. Its two different schemes so service on 05 wont count towards 75.

I thin in certain circumstances you can carry your 75 years across to the new scheme but that means you may lose out overall as the benefits on 05 may be less than what you would have got under 75.

Speak to your RAO to confirm whether you CAN transfer across and consider speaking to an IFA to confirm whether you SHOULD.
  3. Garyrjb I am currently going through this at the minute and it would appear that you will b e shafted mate. I left on the 75 scheme for 6 mths after 14 yrs and unbeknown to me I re enlisted on the 05. You will get nothing when you leave at 22 yr point because it doesn't recognise that you have done 22 yrs service. You will get 11 yrs worth of the 75 and then 11 yrs worth on the 05 but it will not combine. You wont get anything until you reach 65 mate so hope you win the lottery, LOL. It would be interesting to see how many other servicemen and women are going to get stiffed by this money saving scam because a computer cant put 11 and 11 together to make 22!!!!! Let me know if you learn anything different mate but I am just in the process of putting a service complaint in regarding this matter.
  4. Of course a computer can make 11 + 11 = 22, but there must be someone, somewhere who doesn't want it to!