Brazilian police shoot 14 year old - seems odd

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by putteesinmyhands, Mar 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Brazilian TV aired footage of a 14 year old being shot by the police. The policemen involved are up for attempted homicide.

BBC story: BBC News - Brazil police filmed 'shooting boy' in Manaus

The video: Brazilian Police Shoot 14-year-old Boy in Chest • VideoSift: Online Video *Quality Control

Something odd? The kid has a remarkably effective and lightweight bullet-proof vest under his T shirt? The kid is immune to bullets? The cops used tasers with flat batteries?

And now, the expert analysis...
  2. Maybe he was using a cap gun?
  3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Given the propensity of el Polícia for shooting all and sundry I did wonder at the howling in the Brazilian press and body politic when a Brazilian illegal immigrant was shot by Met Plod when he was mistaken for a terrorist.
  4. That's quite tragic.He was hoping to become an electrician and move to London.

Sorry BA didn't see you there until it was too late!
  5. I think I have identified the youngster from that video. He is the one on the right in the photo below, and is quite clearly nails, so I wouldn't be surprised if he could take a few rounds to the chest.
  6. Aye a few rounds from a lamb cannon he probably enjoys it as well.

Video seems faked for reasons already mentions , Although it does seem at every 14 year old from the favela is packing heat these days and the Brazillian police seem to act with enthusiam only comparable to the Einsatzgruppen
  7. I thought it would be more newsworthy when the media report "Brazilian Police do NOT shoot a 14 year old.
  8. Has the culling season ended? I thought it was a national pastime in Brazil.