Bravo two zero

Watching bravo two zero and still find it as interesting as the first time I watched it lol

Sent from my iPod touch using ARRSE

Pity the real life version differed from the media versions

how can totally ******* up a patrol be a claim to fame ? Then writing a load of bollocks story about it just makes it worse. "Andy Mcnab" is now coming out of the woodwork, in his latest youtube he claims the SA80 is "a good bit of kit" which shows how much he knows, about anything. Mcnab and Ryan what a pair of tubes!

Having read the book early on I was mostly impressed, the author has done selection, made Sjt and is adjudged competent enough to plan and lead a patrol. But when the weights they were planning on carrying were touched on I had second thoughts about the whole op; if you're carrying so much weight that you leave behind puritabs to save weight it seems a bit silly.

By the end of the book I wondered why none of the other patrols, which seemed to have made a better job of it got any praise at all.

The fact it is always obtainable in charity shops, like Dan Brown books and 'Girl with the dragon tattoo' trilogy speaks for itself.

By the end of the book I wondered why none of the other patrols, which seemed to have made a better job of it got any praise at all.

The fact it is always obtainable in charity shops, like Dan Brown books and 'Girl with the dragon tattoo' trilogy speaks for itself.
I thought the other patrols bugged out, it's a while since I read it so I'm probably mistaken. AFAIK non of the blokes in the other patrols wrote any books about their exploits - B20 must have cleared out the regimental creative writing troop.

Having read the book early on I was mostly impressed, the author has done selection, made Sjt .
What's a Sjt? ???

The alternative Bravo Two Zero written up on here a couple of years ago by I can't remember who, (I think he had a wolf as an avtar) was good and if I ever recover my old PC that crashed I might finish reading it.

After a bit of a search it was done by MISTERSOFT and it wasn't a couple of years, it started on 30 Mar 6 years ago.

What's a Sjt? ???
Serjeant, alternative spelling. My CCF unit inherited a lot of stuff from the Middlesex Regt, including a set of in-trays one of which was Duty Sjt, I asked the same question, and on being told, like yourself looked it up in the dictionary. Its fun to throw in from time to time.

Edited to add, beaten to it, and learned about its origins.

The alternative Bravo Two Zero written up on here a couple of years ago by I can't remember who, (I think he had a wolf as an avtar) was good and if I ever recover my old PC that crashed I might finish reading it.
The first Alternate B20 was written, and extra episodes are still being added, by an ex 3RGJ bod. These can be found on the RGJ Assoc website.

I have the dubious honour of deciding on the the name of the one and only 'Randy McFlabb'. We actually know the real deal and cleared it with him.

The ARRSE version is here.....

http://www.arrse.co.uk/now-thats-what-i-call-arrse-1/30653-bravo-two-zero-alternative.html

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin Competitions 20
Signallers The Book Club 2
Auld-Yin Competitions 33