Bravo Two Zero - To read or not to read?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Chalky, Apr 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bravo Two Zero is sitting on my kitchen side, having been left here in unexplained circumstances.

I've never read it and I have never really had the inclination to, but lacking anything else to do at the moment, I am a bit tempted.

Should I bother?

2. You ask an internet forum if you should read a book that is sitting right next to you? Are you just inherently idle or an attention seeker?

3. I did and enjoyed it, ignore many who scoff at what happened I actually thought the "McNabb" was brutly honest at there shortcomings but civil enough not to point too many fingers, Ryans book on the other hand was a self indulgent piece full of fingerpointing

4. Regardless of its accuracy, it's still quite a good read with plenty of squaddie humour. So...leave us all alone now and go and read it. Just don't take it all too literally.

p.s. The war bit (i.e we all went to war in Iraq) is true.

5. I enjoyed it, then again I was 13 at the time. It spawned a genre and industry, so it can't be that bad as entertainment

6. Read it you Nurse.