Brave Coppers

I'm not always a fan of our quota-filling, frequently petty Labourised guardians, but came across this while flicking through the local rag:

ARMED GANG THWARTED BY HERO COPS
hg.editorial@archant.co.uk
07 December 2007
THREE heroic cops who were threatened with a gun and driven at by a Porsche after interrupting a gun sale in London Fields were praised for their bravery after two of the gang were jailed for 18 years each.

Former soldier Chris Brodie, 45, and two colleagues, Sgt Martin Christianson and Pc Tracy Parker, all from Shoreditch police station, were commended after gangsters Olanaiyi Olawaiye, 23, of Brenthouse Road, Hackney, and Yusef Farah, 26, from Hackney, were jailed at Kingston Crown Court this week for conspiracy to possess two loaded firearms with intent to endanger life.

Quickwitted Sgt Christianson was able to disarm Olawaiye by karate-kicking his car door, sending the gun out of his grasp.

It was caught by Pc Brodie, who stood his ground as one of the gang tried to mow him down in a supercharged sports car.

Det Con Greg Woodcock, of the Metropolitan Police unit that smashed the criminal network under codename Operation Pauldings, said: "Undoubtedly, if the officer had not kicked the door, shots would have been fired. He was incredibly brave.

The three were patrolling London Fields in plain clothes in January, 2005, when they saw a man urinating in Lamb Lane.

He turned out to be a look-out for four criminals sitting in a nearby Renault.

When Pc Brodie tapped on the car's window, Olawaiye whipped out a semi-automatic handgun.

Sgt Christianson kicked the door and caught the gun in mid-air as it flew out of the villain's hand.

Another of the gang, Ahmed Osman Hersi, jumped into his Porsche and rammed into Pc Brodie, injuring his knee.

Hersi, of Southall, west London, then crashed the Porsche into several parked cars in Mentmore Terrace and into a tree before fleeing on foot.

He was traced after leaving behind a jacket containing two handguns and £3,000.

Hersi, who admitted the charges and gave evidence amid the highest security against some of his former accomplices, is facing a lengthy jail term for firearms and drugs offences.

He is due to be sentenced today (Thursday) at Kingston Crown Court.

Jama Ahmed, 33, of Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, who was arrested at the scene, also pleaded guilty and got nine years.

Olawaiye and Farah were linked to the incident 18 months later thanks to DNA evidence.

Speaking to the Gazette, Pc Brodie, who was in the Army for 22 years before joining the police force six years ago, said he and his colleagues were just doing their jobs.

"Obviously, the implications, if it had all gone wrong would have been a bit different, but, as it was, we all just got on with what we had to do," he said.

Operation Pauldings was launched into Hersi's activities by the Met and has so far led to 35 arrests, nine convictions and sentences totalling 60 years.

Officers also seized huge quantities of drugs, £300,000 in cash, two Mac 10 machine pistols and six handguns.
I bet the guy in bold reads Arrse, so well done him/you.

Well done to the cops - hope they get a commendation from His Honour

I bet they would prefer a pint and some clean underwear!

Rumpelstiltskin said:
I'm not always a fan of our quota-filling, frequently petty Labourised guardians, but came across this while flicking through the local rag:

ARMED GANG THWARTED BY HERO COPS
hg.editorial@archant.co.uk
07 December 2007
THREE heroic cops who were threatened with a gun and driven at by a Porsche after interrupting a gun sale in London Fields were praised for their bravery after two of the gang were jailed for 18 years each.

Former soldier Chris Brodie, 45, and two colleagues, Sgt Martin Christianson and Pc Tracy Parker, all from Shoreditch police station, were commended after gangsters Olanaiyi Olawaiye, 23, of Brenthouse Road, Hackney, and Yusef Farah, 26, from Hackney, were jailed at Kingston Crown Court this week for conspiracy to possess two loaded firearms with intent to endanger life.

Quickwitted Sgt Christianson was able to disarm Olawaiye by karate-kicking his car door, sending the gun out of his grasp.

It was caught by Pc Brodie, who stood his ground as one of the gang tried to mow him down in a supercharged sports car.

Det Con Greg Woodcock, of the Metropolitan Police unit that smashed the criminal network under codename Operation Pauldings, said: "Undoubtedly, if the officer had not kicked the door, shots would have been fired. He was incredibly brave.

The three were patrolling London Fields in plain clothes in January, 2005, when they saw a man urinating in Lamb Lane.

He turned out to be a look-out for four criminals sitting in a nearby Renault.

When Pc Brodie tapped on the car's window, Olawaiye whipped out a semi-automatic handgun.

Sgt Christianson kicked the door and caught the gun in mid-air as it flew out of the villain's hand.

Another of the gang, Ahmed Osman Hersi, jumped into his Porsche and rammed into Pc Brodie, injuring his knee.

Hersi, of Southall, west London, then crashed the Porsche into several parked cars in Mentmore Terrace and into a tree before fleeing on foot.

He was traced after leaving behind a jacket containing two handguns and £3,000.

Hersi, who admitted the charges and gave evidence amid the highest security against some of his former accomplices, is facing a lengthy jail term for firearms and drugs offences.

He is due to be sentenced today (Thursday) at Kingston Crown Court.

Jama Ahmed, 33, of Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, who was arrested at the scene, also pleaded guilty and got nine years.

Olawaiye and Farah were linked to the incident 18 months later thanks to DNA evidence.

Speaking to the Gazette, Pc Brodie, who was in the Army for 22 years before joining the police force six years agosaid he and his colleagues were just doing their jobs.

"Obviously, the implications, if it had all gone wrong would have been a bit different, but, as it was, we all just got on with what we had to do," he said.

Operation Pauldings was launched into Hersi's activities by the Met and has so far led to 35 arrests, nine convictions and sentences totalling 60 years.

Officers also seized huge quantities of drugs, £300,000 in cash, two Mac 10 machine pistols and six handguns.
A couple of good sounding Anglo Saxon names?

Feck me! "2 Mac10 machine pistols and 6 handguns"

Serious firepower. Are we getting like the US?

Well done the coppers for taking them on. Brave indeed.

To these coppers I can only say - gentlemen, it is now Beer O' Clock!

Good Drills, lads! :D

FrankCastle said:

as one is called Tracey I think that should read gentlemen and ladies........

Poppy said:
FrankCastle said:

My Bad! :oops:

FrankCastle said:
Poppy said:
FrankCastle said:

My Bad! :oops:
well it may be a bloke called Tracey ..........

Tut tut..Why weren't they out there catching heinous litter louts instead of
arresting real criminals. They'll never make the gobments targets that way :roll: whatever next :?
Seriously...........Good on em!! :D

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Nice to see a positive story about an ex soldier
Newton Dunn will be trying to find out if he was a peado or wife beater for the Sun follow up edition

I must say that the above posts have proved me wrong, I had formed the, clearly incorrect, assumption that this forum was only capable of giving us coppers a hard time. Thankyou for illustrating otherwise, I'm happy to be corrected.

martin7606 said:
I must say that the above posts have proved me wrong, I had formed the, clearly incorrect, assumption that this forum was only capable of giving us coppers a hard time. Thankyou for illustrating otherwise, I'm happy to be corrected.
But you're all still cnuts! :D

martin7606 said:
I don't think it's you rossers that should actually get the stick, it is more a consequence of you lot being pressured into having to abide by some petty bloody PC and H&S rules, chasing unrealistic targets that can only be met by chasing easy prey, whilst much of the time being prevented from doing the job that you realy signed up for, also while being buried under mountains of paperwork. If you didn't have so many bureaucrats in the system / gobernment, life would probably be a bit easier for you and everyone concerned. .......OK? :D