Bratwurst and Gyros vs. doner and burgers

Right, as a lover of food and beer... or should I say beer making me hungry - I love my Gyros with tzaziki and currywurst and chips.

Sick of Doner (and I was given a cold one once as well) and especially greasy joe´s burgers!!!

Ahhhh.... WARSTEINER, but that is an entirely different (and serious) subject!

Attachments

The Doner is the bastrad of quick delcious food, it is grabage meet sitting on a damn hook catching who knows what. I would have to go with a hamburger of the grill, which is England they seem to have no understanding of placing a bbq grill in thier kitchen, then I would have to choose a bavrian smokey of the grill as well.

Cheers 2CB

B

Biscuits_AB

Gyros, mit zatziki and 2 gren chilis and Pommes Mayo. Bottle of Becks......ice cold.

Food of the gods.

I have been known to do a Frikadelle or two mit zenf when pished.

Gyros v Doner.... Bratwurst & Currywurst v Burger..... Totaly No contest!

Gyros and Bratties Food of the Gods..... Doner and Burgers food of the Chav!

Gyros and bratties. No contest.

Why some enterprising ex-squaddie never set up a brattie stand in a garrison town is totally beyond me; he'd make a mint!

Bratvurst und Frittes und kurrysorce bitte!

V!

Yep no contest, Gyros mit pommes und tzaziki, fcuking awesome snap, currywurst for a quick snack between alehouses Gyros to take to bed.

Donner kebabs smothered in Garlic sauce only if completely w*nkered and no other snap house open.

I feel the Bratties and Gyros win hands down! However, i know of at least two places where there were shops set up but for some unknown reason folded. One was in Blandford (Tony Freudenfeldt, ex R Sigs?) and one in Warminster (closed about four years ago?) Seems we might be in a minority! Mine's a currywurst anytime any place anywhere! (P.S. I'm not gay, just in case siome of you got the wrong idea!)

Warsteiner? NOOOO!!! VELTINS all the way.

Gyros is heavenly food. Demmit, I miss it. Thanks for reminding me of Gyros with Pommes and Tzatziki and Currywurst. :D

Vegetius said:
Gyros and bratties. No contest.

Why some enterprising ex-squaddie never set up a brattie stand in a garrison town is totally beyond me; he'd make a mint!

Bratvurst und Frittes und kurrysorce bitte!

V!
There used to be a place on the Chatham/Rochester road in the mid eighties, they tried running it as a resturant rather than a schnell imbis, overpriced the nosebags and shut down due to lack of interest!!!

They were on a loser anyway, even back then Chatham was full of kebab chomping dole happy chaves.

If there was anything more heavenly on ex than an egg banjo between grease and oil stained fingers it would have to be one of Wolfgang's bratties. Fluck knows how he kept finding us when we were supposed to be tac but I'm damn glad he did! Kebabs and burgers just don't compare!

wedge35 said:
If there was anything more heavenly on ex than an egg banjo between grease and oil stained fingers it would have to be one of Wolfgang's bratties. Fluck knows how he kept finding us when we were supposed to be tac but I'm damn glad he did! Kebabs and burgers just don't compare!
I think he had a 353 in that bloody truck. Or maybe he had TI kit and could see where the hide locations were. I remember his last exercise on Sennelager...a tragic end to an era but he was very astute was Wolfgang, he could see that the end of the Cold War meant a decline in demand for hot snacks. He tooled off to Spain to live, in a villa bought and paid for by frikkadellen, curry-wursts and bratties...Happy days, mucky nights!

Can I throw in the oddball of a Subway? You can even save half for the morning. :D

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Gyros with tzaziki ..............Droooooooooooooool

Currywurst, pommes mit mayo..........................Droooooooooooooool

Bratwurst mit Zempf & stale bread in supermarket car park......... Ace

Hamburger mit pommes mayo.......................Drooooool

Veltins - My tipple in Vechta
Herrenhauser - My tipple in Hannover

gyros is grat when you totaly of you face and on the way home from the repabahn at 05:00. just about every thing is beter than 24hour ratpacks when on ex. eg pizza deliverd into the middel of nowhere wilst on summer camp best coke and pizza i ever had 8)

Gyros rules. I could fecking kill for one right now...

Does anyone remember the old guy that had a bratty wagon at Sennelager? He used to sell hardcore jazz mags as well as food. Called you George if you didn't have a nametag on and called mustard baby shit. "You want baby shit on your frikky george?" To this day I still call mustard babyshit...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Killaloe Cookery 49
shortfuse The NAAFI Bar 54
catchyerselfon RLC 22