Brass salvage

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Selfpreservationsociety, May 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know how the Army disposes of or indeed reconditions spent casings, I'm primarily talking about the larger natures like 155, 120 and 105. Getting hold of one or two seems simple enough but if say I wanted to lay hands on 50 of each, where should I start looking/ talk to?

2. The only brass we have is 105mm, 30mm, 12.7mm and other SAA. (155mm and 120mm Tk are bag charges). SAA brass is accounted for by weight and you're allowed upto 15% discrepancy.

12.7mm, 30mm and 105mm are accounted and disposed by quantity. It's generally accepted that the odd one or two are made not presentation pieces.

50 is a pisstake though and indicates you're making a profit out of it. Therefore contact QINETIQ Disposals and see if you can buy from them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. How big is your reloading bench?

4. IIRC, they sea-dumped about 6 container loads via Chinnook off-shore when Port Stanley got cleaned up. All you need is a mate with a diving-bell and tolerance for very cold seas and you're sorted.

Failing that, they're quite common I hear at car boot sales around Aleppo these days.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Knocking up a few wind-chimes for the markets?

6. Along with a couple containers full of the Argintinian (read Belgium) variant of a certain weapon aledgedly ^~

7. warcrime!

8. I was trying to get hold of a Dummy 30mm and Three 30mm Empty Cases but struggled

9. Quite a few of the Falklanders have the odd one or ten knocking around as well. Has anybody thought of making a film of Besieged Benny's fighting off Zombie Penguins?

10. The New Zealanders made one about zombie sheep.

It was in the "So bad it's good film category".