Brass Para Cap Badges

Hopefully nobody anymore as they have the kings crown on therfore do not comply with current dress regs

The Para Badge is White Metal! (Nickel Silver) never Brass
Only ever seen them as such or in Silver or Blackened!
Sorry I will rephrase my reply:

The ISSUE Para Badge is White Metal (Nickle Silver) or Silver Anodised.

I never saw brass being worn, nor was I a para! Call me what you want mate, It really does not affect me! What you wear now is of no interest to me.

2817 is my last four by the way!

jimmy_jazz said:
No offense mike 2817, but your answer shows that you a nig who knows feck all about the army.. and stop using '!' all the time you t**t!!!!
Sorry Jimmy - happen to know mike2817, also happen to know that he is no nig. Suspect he was finishing his service well before you started yours. BTW he is absolutely right about the para cap badge NEVER being worn in brass - ALWAYS white metal. (Please don't think i'm a nig either just because I agree with Mike - my number started 2438 and i'm still serving)

Another walt!!!.......... or a hat.

I'm sure when i walk around Battalion lines tommorow i'll see alot of brass Para Regt capbadges. You obviously have no idea what you're on about.

Not being a Para myself, I suspect that the situation is the same as with various other capbadges, i.e. that you get issued a silver pretend-metal one, then go and buy a brass one to use instead!

Christ..... a shiver just ran up and down my back. Para opting for shiny brass rather than staybright........ if I was dead I would be turning in my grave.

Impressed.

Fallschirmjager said:
Another walt!!!.......... or a hat.

I'm sure when i walk around Battalion lines tommorow i'll see alot of brass Para Regt capbadges. You obviously have no idea what you're on about.

Assure you i'm not a walt...may well be what you refer to as a hat. Correct me if i'm wrong but brass is a YELLOW coloured metal, all Para Reg cap badges are supposed to be SILVER COLOURED whether staybright or metal. There may well be blokes wearing brass coloured cap badges, doesn't make them right. Just like agreeing with another arrser doesn't make me a walt.
But hey if that is your attitude ...... whatever you say.

oc14 said:
Correct me if i'm wrong but brass is a YELLOW coloured metal, all Para Reg cap badges are supposed to be SILVER COLOURED whether staybright or metal.

and!!!

There may well be blokes wearing brass coloured cap badges, doesn't make them right.

........ and who are you to say serving Parachute Regiment soldiers are not in their rights for wearing brass capbadges you stinking fcuking hat.

But hey if that is your attitude ...... whatever you say.

Yes, it is my attitude against people who think they know what they are talking about when actually they are clueless mongs.

Fallschirmjager you really seem to have some issues.

So by the same rationale can I wear jungle boots even though I've never been near it?

General Melchett said:

So by the same rationale can I wear jungle boots even though I've never been near it?
Not really - what use would someone NOT in Para Reg have for a capbadge? Other than being a stinking walt/hat as FSJ pointed out.

General Melchett said:

Yes, i have issues against those who think they are an authority on the Parachute Regiments dress regulations when they have never served in the unit.

What has the wearing of jungle boots got to do with the wearing of brass capbadges by Parachute Regiment personnel? I don't see the pont you are trying to make. The two walts made a comment to the effect that Paras don't wear brass capbadges and i made the point that they most certainly do! Who do you believe; a serving soldier of 18 years in Para Regt or two hats who have never served with us?

The guys were under the impression that Para Regt cap (or should it be beret?) badges were made out of white metal not brass.

Do Officers opt for one in gold rather than the hallmarked silver type?

Does the PRI sell the brass badge?

I quote:

BTW he is absolutely right about the para cap badge NEVER being worn in brass - ALWAYS white metal.

That to me doesn't sound like the two walts are assuming our cap badges are made out of white metal but rather that we don't wear brass capbadges!

As to your questions, some officers wear brass, some nickel plated. And yes, they can be obtained from the PRI.

Oc14, all right maybe '2817' aint a nig but he made a nig assumption about the badge...and what's all the crap about him having a low number ? a fecking cook/driver/officers mess wallah could have a low number but it don't mean that they know it all about the army does it? and then YOU state that Para cap badges are always supposed to be silver/stay bright, etc..there's always room for the personal touch, many bods do buy their own metal cap badge and so long as it's not blatantly taking the p**s by way of being glaringly obvious, it's over looked by most, especially as most Snco's have a metal one ..my number started 2444 so good luck to you, but this aint a p******g contest is it? ....our cook has a low number does it make him 'The Man'?

Anyway, i really do have a better things to do than have a mong argument about cap badges....btw, i bought my metal badge years ago and have worn it ever since, no one, of any rank ,has ever made a bad comment about it or stated the QR's either.