Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by DB216LOKDVR, Mar 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am looking for a brass kit bag clip (or a matching pair) to repair a WW1 pouch.

The brass clip I have to match is about half the size of a normal kit bag clip but the same shape etc.

I have looked at Sterling SMG sling buckles but they are the wrong shape and to modern.

Anybody on arrse have an idea were I may be able to get one/two or even better a brass kit bag clip lying around they do not want and prepared to sell.

2. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

If only I knew DB. ;)
  3. You will find them in a good maritime chandelry, so pop down your local yacht club, but they aint cheap
  4. General Melchett

DB, they appear to be called swivel eye snap hooks.
  5. Get an eye patch and a peg leg whilst you are there.

Yaar !
  6. Are they in short supply? If you have a picture and dimensions I might be able to help.
  7. Cheers

I will try a chandry for them, I have been around a few saddlery looking in the old scrap bins etc with no joy.

Has anybody got a parott (standing type, left shoulder, other ranks) to go with the matching eye patch and woodern leg!!!

Cheers EX-STAB the ones you have advised are spot on and I am awaiting instructions.

I would have hoped 'The Sports and Pastimes Regt RLC' might have had a few to spare. (They still owe me a few favours from Port Stanley 82/83. I spent a fortune in the RAZZ INN).
  8. Long shot, but try a sail maker may be able to point you in the right direction or local upholsterer
  9. Thanks to all who have posted,

Brass clips have been located and ordered.
  10. sabre surpius southsea :)
  11. I was in there a while back, its an Alladins cave, serveral hours well spent.

Great shop for old equipment etc.
  12. General Melchett

I was allowed to venture into the cellar there once. 4 foot deep in high cavalry boots of all types and other such junk even they couldn't sell. Awesome.
  13. Wrong clip Mr D.

But thank you because I may need something similer in the future.

I am/was after a smaller brass version of the kit bag spring clip also known as bridle buckles, halter buckles etc.

Thanks to the assistance of EX-STAB I have now received a matched pair from an UK supplier.

General M; PM sent.