I am looking for a brass kit bag clip (or a matching pair) to repair a WW1 pouch.

The brass clip I have to match is about half the size of a normal kit bag clip but the same shape etc.

I have looked at Sterling SMG sling buckles but they are the wrong shape and to modern.

Anybody on arrse have an idea were I may be able to get one/two or even better a brass kit bag clip lying around they do not want and prepared to sell.

If only I knew DB. ;)
You will find them in a good maritime chandelry, so pop down your local yacht club, but they aint cheap
DB, they appear to be called swivel eye snap hooks.
General Melchett said:
DB, they appear to be called swivel eye snap hooks.
Are they in short supply? If you have a picture and dimensions I might be able to help.

I will try a chandry for them, I have been around a few saddlery looking in the old scrap bins etc with no joy.

Has anybody got a parott (standing type, left shoulder, other ranks) to go with the matching eye patch and woodern leg!!!

Cheers EX-STAB the ones you have advised are spot on and I am awaiting instructions.

I would have hoped 'The Sports and Pastimes Regt RLC' might have had a few to spare. (They still owe me a few favours from Port Stanley 82/83. I spent a fortune in the RAZZ INN).
DB216LOKDVR said:
airbornelondon1 said:
sabre surpius southsea :)
I was in there a while back, its an Alladins cave, serveral hours well spent.

Great shop for old equipment etc.
I was allowed to venture into the cellar there once. 4 foot deep in high cavalry boots of all types and other such junk even they couldn't sell. Awesome.