Brass 8x22 Bergmann & 8x22 Nambu

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by cernunnos, Dec 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A mate of mine has two pistols in his collection but nothing to feed them with, does anyone know of suppliers of good new brass for either 8mm Bergmann (Simplex pistol) and the bottlenecked 8mm Nambu (Jap military rough as you like).

2. RCBS do case Case Forming Die Sets and lo, 8mm Nambu from .30 Remington is one of them.

3. The 8mm Simplex morphed into the .32 ACP, so you my be able to "unmorph"...

Impressed that your mate has a Bergmann..!

Jim Goodwin used to make Nambu, but that unfortunately was in the past. Have you tried Bertram, however as Bogg says, the states is the palce for looking for Nambu - more Nambus in the US than anywhere else..

Editied for bod speeling

4. He has shit loads of pistols including two Bergmanns, a Spanish made Bayard in 9mm Largo, which shoots very well and the Simplex.

5. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

Kranks have Nambu brass - Bertram Cases from Henry Krank - scroll down to pistol calibres, tis on the right hand side. Looks to be expensive though, £1.10 a case!

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I had a similar problem with my 1915 Steyr Hahn in 9 x 23 ( I think) we ended up trimming case rims of another almost as rare round to make them. Glad I flogged that a couple of years ago!