Branson into space-live feed

52 years ago today, man landed on the moon. May their names live on forever: Armstrong, Aldrin and the other bloke :)
The other bloke didn't land on the moon.

The other bloke didn't land on the moon.
but as said before , Collins , the lonliest man ever to have existed

ETA
along with the command module pilots of the other Apollo missions that landed

US govt pouring cold water on the Branson / Bezos willy-waving: now we're told that to be an astronaut you have to play a bigger part than just strap yourself in and yell "wheeeee!" on the way up
so are they removing the astonaut wings from the X 15 pilots..... don't think that would go down well in Murica

Jacl

Old-Salt
so are they removing the astonaut wings from the X 15 pilots..... don't think that would go down well in Murica
The problem is that there are several definitions of where space begins, apparently none of them are internationally accepted. The argument will therefore go on and on.
As Branson is not a US citizen I imagine that he doesn't give a toss what the US govt says.

tgo

LE

Not really the same,

Bezos sat in a fully automated rocket, didn't have to touch a button, hardly a pilot... A monkey or dog could have done it.

Branson much the same, except in his case he had his man do it for for him.

Neither 'earnt' Astronaut wings' both just had the money to make it happen.

1627122278004.png

Gosh really? I wonder, do you think that might have been the entire point of the joke?
Not really a joke, though, was it? Or were you assuming Collin's pronoun?

All too subtle, for my little brain ;)

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Japanese firm will launch a sex toy into SPACE this summer to research the effects of spaceflight and zero gravity on the device

• The launch is a collaboration between Tenga and Interstellar Technologies Inc.
  • 'Tenga Rocket' will lift off from the Hokkaido Spaceport within the next month
  • It will reach an altitude of 62 miles, getting to the very edge of the atmosphere
  • Aboard will be the special sex toy, supporter messages and two action figures
  • The launch was crowdfunded by supports to the tune of ¥1,833,680 (£12,000)

Still, it won't be the first cock in space.

The problem is that there are several definitions of where space begins, apparently none of them are internationally accepted. The argument will therefore go on and on.
As Branson is not a US citizen I imagine that he doesn't give a toss what the US govt says.
I would think he does because most of his fare paying passengers would be US citizens and who would also "give a toss" about it.

looks like Branson is like Boris, you either loathe him for being successful, or you don't actually give AF

ps I love his pickle

Not really the same,

Bezos sat in a fully automated rocket, didn't have to touch a button, hardly a pilot... A monkey or dog could have done it.

they have probably been a lot higher than you will ever be...... jealous?

Jacl

Old-Salt
Not really the same,

All astronauts sit in automated rockets, even the docking manouvres are automated. The only time they have to do anything is to initiate the abort should the need arise, and of course manually open the hatch at the end.

Latest Threads