Brandy Sours anyone? Kabul becoming the new Beiruit

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mag_to_grid, Aug 31, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I like the bit about learning from the aid workers who got themselves murdered.

Clearly exhibiting the behaviour that endears them to the local civpop.

2. I managed to get about half way through the article, before the uptight cow was boring me.

3. Think shes a bit mental, im surprised the Guardian allowed that article to be published.

4. "The condescending attitude of foreigners towards Afghans is not lost on Afghans and only fosters distrust. Perhaps a lesson can be learned from the humanitarian aid workers killed recently in Afghanistan. Many spoke the language fluently; they lived among the people, they ate Afghan food and breathed the Afghan spirit."

Why distrust? I can imagine that a condescending attitude could engender animosity, but distrust? And perhaps a lesson could indeed be learned from the joghurt knitters who were killed: If you make yourself a target, no matter if you speak the language. eat the food and, vicariously breathe the Afghan spirit. the bandits will kill you. Most joghurt knitters I have met can be extremely patronising, politically correct tossers with huge ego's anyway.

5. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

"The condescending attitude of foreigners towards Afghans...

As opposed to the condescending attitude of whatever her name is. I supposed condescension is par for the course for Guardianista.

6. The word **** springs to mind

Read her other pieces, she's a professional hater who is unable to absorb some of the shit she sees in life

Life is ****ing hard and unfair get over it rather than pour it all into overblown hyperdramatic pseudo-Journalism

Perhaps concentrating on her medical career (Rather than swanning round the shitholes of the world gobbing off about the journalists she appears to aspire to) would be a more positive action in her angry little life