Brandy and Cigars

New years day, sat in the garden in my dressing gown, nice cigar (Acid Kuba Kuba for those in the know) and a glass of Isreali Brandy. Now I have never had that drink before and maybe it was the interplay of the fine cigar and the alcohol but it did tase very very nice.

Anyone else familiar with the Hallelujah brand of brandy? Is it expensive? Can I buy it in UK? Just curious.
The fact your describing 3 days after the event, that the combination might be a little stronger than you first thought!
Artifically flavoured cigars and Israeli brandy?

Brandy? How uncouth! I prefer a nice spiced rum. Corked, so I can pull the stopper out with my teeth and pretend I'm a pirate.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Book Reviewer
You're out of luck, I'm afraid. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it was produced by a company called Segal Wines but it's been discontinued.

Book Reviewer
Quite possibly, but Gin isn't Brandy. Although it goes better with tonic and a slice of lime.

Book Reviewer
Lemon? Pah! Utter nonsense.

Book Reviewer
Damn, my secret is out!

But, seriously, Lime is better. Also, I feel we're leading this thread astray somewhat.
i knew it!
Well, tomorrow i shall try a gin and tonic with a side of lime to keep you happy.

I don't believe it is possible to lead this thread astray

Book Reviewer
Good man! And fair point.
I think it is segal, I shall check. In that case I am out of luck. Thank you anyway.

On the G&T, I favour lime over lemon. Lime also works well in place of lemon for serving with seafood.
You can cook your fish with squeezing lemon juice over it and leave to stand for an hour. I wonder if lime would act as the same?
Can't bet fresh lime in a cake
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
hedgehog64 Cookery 6
Mag_to_grid Current Affairs, News and Analysis 6